• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to remove guard position?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Greetings!
I've made a spider spawn system where each spider must walk random on the map with attack - move.

The problem is that if i spawn the spider at neutral hostile(and i want that because i don't want to see red dots on minimap), the spider will attack/follow me only ~approx 1000 range and then he will go back in his last position and i don't like that.

If i spawn the same spider at, for exameple, player(23), the spider will attack me forever, and i like that. I don't want to change "creep aggro distance" because i don't want all the spiders to attack me. The acquisition range must be only 1000 range.

I don't know how to remove that guard position from neutral hostile spiders..
  • AI - Ignore (Last created unit)'s guard position
This trigger don't work..
--------------------------------------------
If is impossible to solve that problem above and i'll be forced to use player (23), i have another question..
It is possible to make the minimap spider point another color, but not red. I don't want to confuse the spiders with the players..

The help will be appreciated!

Attachments

• Ava Spiders.w3m
    22.7 KB · Views: 3

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
I can't confirm if the solutions in the thread still work on the latest version.

Level 11
I can't confirm if the solutions in the thread still work on the latest version.
Sorry, I just forget to say.. we already tried to do that and it didn't work..
  • Spawn Spiders
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Spider_POINT_1 = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 1 Black Spider X for Player 23 (Emerald) at Spider_POINT_1 facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Neutral Hostile and Change color
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Explode on death
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Spider_Group_1
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\FeralSpirit\feralspirittarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spider_POINT_1)
  • Spawn Spiders
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes construction
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set VariableSet Spider_POINT_1 = (Random point in (Playable map area))
      • Unit - Create 1 Black Spider X for Neutral Hostile at Spider_POINT_1 facing (Random angle) degrees
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Player 23 (Emerald) and Change color
      • Custom script: call SetUnitCreepGuard(bj_lastCreatedUnit, false)
      • Unit - Change ownership of (Last created unit) to Neutral Hostile and Change color
      • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Explode on death
      • Unit Group - Add (Last created unit) to Spider_Group_1
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of (Last created unit)) using Abilities\Spells\Orc\FeralSpirit\feralspirittarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Spider_POINT_1)
That's what I had him try before he he posted this thread and the method described there seems not to work now.
Indeed, seems not to work.

Level 18

this would only work if an ai script was controlling units. doesn't look like one is running for players 1 or 2 in the map you linked. if you want neutral hostile to ignore guard then use uncle's link.

not entirely sure what you are asking for but there's also target acquision range for units preset on the map and some settings in Gameplay Constants. those may cause crashes I heard not 100% sure.

1669925515849.png

1669925469108.png

Last edited:
Level 39
if you want neutral hostile to ignore guard then use uncle's link.
For the third time... this method does not work. (Any more?) It was the first thing I found to suggest to the OP.
here's also target acquision range for units preset on the map and some settings in Gameplay Constant
The units are not preplaced on the map (though a dumb solution would be to preplace like 100 of them in some corner of the map and then just move one of those over every time instead of spawning a spider from scratch). Gameplay constants cannot be modified because there are other neutral creeps that need to leash properly:
I don't want to change "creep aggro distance"

Status
Not open for further replies.