• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to refer to the item in this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey everyone, I was trying to put some restrictions on Anachrons Inventory system. Like I put a boolean where it doesn't do anything if the aquiring unit is a building (since I have buildings that do that in my map). But now I want to make a condition where nothing happens if the item is a power. The thing is I can't figure out how to reference the item as it's picked up.

note the ??? marks...

JASS:
ibrary CIEvents
endlibrary

module CIEvents
    public method pick takes CustomItem ci returns boolean
        if .checkPickup(ci) and IsUnitType(.carrier,UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE)== false and IsItemPowerup(???)== false then
            call ci.pick(.carrier)
            call .addItem(ci)
            return true
        endif

return false
    endmethod

public method drop takes CustomItem ci returns boolean
        if .hasItem(ci) then
            call ci.drop(.carrier)
            return .remItem(ci)
        endif

return false
    endmethod

public method pawn takes CustomItem ci returns boolean
        if .hasItem(ci) then
            call ci.pawn(.carrier)
            return true
        endif

return false
    endmethod

public method use takes CustomItem ci returns boolean
        if .hasItem(ci) then
            call ci.use(.carrier)
            return true
        endif

return false
    endmethod
endmodule

Thanks guys, you've all helped me so much!

Level 19
ooo i thought u always needed permission ?
Nope, only if you want to redistribute it. Not like the mods are going to hack your map and make sure all of your systems are unmodified.

Also, in this case, the interface was already there for the coder to use so its intended to be modified

You are missing the l.

Also, the module should be inside the library.

I could answer your question if i knew what inventory system you were using (a link would be extra helpful)

Level 29
Nope, only if you want to redistribute it. Not like the mods are going to hack your map and make sure all of your systems are unmodified.

Also, in this case, the interface was already there for the coder to use so its intended to be modified

ooo ok lol. Also ik they wont try to hack ur pc lol. I just didnt know if asking to mod something is allowed without permission. Thanks for clearing this up now tho lol.

Level 4
Hey guys thanks a bunch for answering so quickly, I was busy yesterday.

Umm yeah I should have been more informative.

What I succeeded in doing was modifying it by restricting the system to only handle non-structure units. (you can see where I did this in the first boolean segment). To do this I needed to know how to refer to the unit that Anachron labeled as .carrer in the above trigger. It was kind of hard as I'm relatively new to vjass.

Now that I'm trying to place a restriction on the type of item that the system handles. So that's what I'm struggling with now, I don't see the name of the item anywhere. I tried CustomItem, and .ci and Item. And all the obvious guesses.

I'm guessing though it's somewhere in this trigger.

You were saying it might be in a nother library though? Like a global?

Level 19
Hey guys thanks a bunch for answering so quickly, I was busy yesterday.

Umm yeah I should have been more informative.

What I succeeded in doing was modifying it by restricting the system to only handle non-structure units. (you can see where I did this in the first boolean segment). To do this I needed to know how to refer to the unit that Anachron labeled as .carrer in the above trigger. It was kind of hard as I'm relatively new to vjass.

Now that I'm trying to place a restriction on the type of item that the system handles. So that's what I'm struggling with now, I don't see the name of the item anywhere. I tried CustomItem, and .ci and Item. And all the obvious guesses.

I'm guessing though it's somewhere in this trigger.

You were saying it might be in a nother library though? Like a global?

No, im saying that i wont be able to help you if you dont tell us the name of the system your using :)

e/ make my life easier and post the source code in a
JASS:
 block

Level 19
ci.handle

e/ holy crap that system has alot of code o_O i did my fs inventory in 700 lines >.<

Level 4
Sweet, I'll try that out, thanks so much dude!

Edit: Ok i tried it but it gave me this error

Error: ci.handle is private

JASS:
library CIEvents
endlibrary

module CIEvents
    public method pick takes CustomItem ci returns boolean
        if .checkPickup(ci) and IsUnitType(.carrier,UNIT_TYPE_STRUCTURE)== false and IsItemPowerup(ci.handle) == false then
            call ci.pick(.carrier)
            call .addItem(ci)
            return true
        endif

return false
    endmethod

Level 4
dang, I tried

IsItemPowerup(ci.gethandle()) and IsItemPowerup(ci.gethandle)

each time it says ci.gethandle is not a member of custom inventory

did it work in yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.