• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] How to put unit in a cage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
It's possible, 2 ways:

1- A Unit casts ability on another unit, you move the target unit eventually to the cage , decreasing his size (Optional), and remove his collision, also pause him.You can skip 'Moving' idea because it's not very necessary if you plan to put the unit directly in the cage.

2- Create a special effect under the unit using Cage model ( I didn't try this , it may be bugged) [Either using create at point or on unit]

I wish you a good luck

Level 25
I wonder what you mean by "inside"? Do you mean that there is the cage and you can still see the caster in it? Or do you mean it in a more general way as in "there's cage that spawns/shows the caster upon death"?
Both should be possible imo (tho I didn't test it myself). I would try it by first creating the destructible cage and placing it where it's supposed to be. Add the cage into a "Destructible dies" event + bind to it the caster using hashtable and handle IDs. Then I would move the caster via SetUnitX and SetUnitY functions which ignore pathing, so they may very well move the unit inside the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.