• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to place buildings on all tile types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Just look at the pig farm in the campaign section of the Orcs and go from there, and not really sure what you are asking for.

Level 5
You can make it only placable on 'Unbuildable'. This will refer to rock, cobbles etc.

To prevent building on other unbuildable tiles than cobbles, you can check if the building is placed on cobbles or not.

I'm not sure how, but it is possible to check the terrain type.

If it's not cobbles, just make it stop constructing

Level 12
Hm maybe something like this:

Event
  • Unit - A unit Begins construction
Condition
  • (Unit-type of (Constructing structure)) Equal to YourBuilding
Action
  • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Constructing structure))
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Terrain type at Temp_Point) Not equal to Icecrown **or it was Icecrown glacier?** - Ice
Then actions
**Here u can remove the building multiple ways. You chose which suites best your map and the desired effect :p . The easiest are to remove the building and to return gold/lumber cost to the player.**
Else actions
**Empty**

**Now this comes after "If (All Conditions are True)"...**
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)

PS: Its not nice to not have acces to WE...
PS2: If you want multiple tiles u copy this a few times
(Terrain type at Temp_Point) Equal to Icecrown - Ice
,change the terrain to desired ones and set the actions to If any Condition is true do then actions else do else actions.
Then actions
**Empty**
Else actions
**Stop the building proces as mentioned earlier**

PS3: I have the strange feeling that i miss something...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
You can already. The tile type has nothing to do with pathability.

Be aware that the editor attaches a relationship between pathing and tile type. You can manually modify the pathing map or use an editor like JNGP to change the pathing relationship the editor enforces on terrain of a certain tile type.

Level 14
I need buildings to be builded only on one type of tile that is unbuildable (stone path), like in World War One: ISH.

As DSG already told you what to do:
Be aware that the editor attaches a relationship between pathing and tile type. You can manually modify the pathing map or use an editor like JNGP to change the pathing relationship the editor enforces on terrain of a certain tile type.

Look here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2114864-post7.html

Level 12
WTF is this? Can not start plugin. It says when I open customize tile pathability.

Because Custom Tile Pathability modifying did not give me results, I use blight terrain for buildings. How to remove the green fog from blight?

Last edited:
Level 14
WTF is this? Can not start plugin. It says when I open customize tile pathability.

Because Custom Tile Pathability modifying did not give me results, I use blight terrain for buildings. How to remove the green fog from blight?

Your virus scanner or firewall is blocking the plugin. Put it in the exception list or temporarely turn off your virus scanner.

If that's not the issue, look in this thread here and make sure you've installed it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.