• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to open wc3 Blizzard Campaign maps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
1. you need that tool --> http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/tools/423/ to view mpq files.

2. download and unzip the file

3. run the mpq and search for the mpq files in your warcraft directory/folder.

4. Open the war3.mpq and go to the Campaign folder under the Maps folder. There you will find the Reign of Chaos campaign maps. Just right click any of the files and press extract.

5. For frozen throne campaigns, do the same for number 4 except that instead of opening war3.mpq, open war3xlocal.mpq and search in the Maps folder.

Level 3
ok ty, problem solved
I don't suppose you wanted to use those maps to make your own customizable campaign? Because I recently got back into Warcraft 3 and tried, but can never figure out how to make the maps stop trying to load the original campaign maps when I try to use the custom ones in a sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.