• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make units bigger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hello everyone. I want to learn how to make units bigger "literally"

Attachments

• z.png
    z.png
    25.8 KB · Views: 25
Level 25
give them food so they grow big and strong?

You may want to take a look in object editor for
  • "Art - Projectile Launch - X/Y/Z" to modify from where projectiles start flying (if the unit uses projectiles)
  • "Art - Scale" - to increase model's size
  • "Art - Selection Scale" - to increase size of selection circle
  • "Art - Shadow Image Width/Height" - to modify shadow size
  • Possibly "Combat - Attack 1/2 - Range" - not sure how large models handle very low ranges, so you may need to increase the range
  • "Pathing - Collision Size" - to increase unit's "hitbox" (so that other units do not pass through it)

Level 17
give them food so they grow big and strong?

You may want to take a look in object editor for
  • "Art - Projectile Launch - X/Y/Z" to modify from where projectiles start flying (if the unit uses projectiles)
  • "Art - Scale" - to increase model's size
  • "Art - Selection Scale" - to increase size of selection circle
  • "Art - Shadow Image Width/Height" - to modify shadow size
  • Possibly "Combat - Attack 1/2 - Range" - not sure how large models handle very low ranges, so you may need to increase the range
  • "Pathing - Collision Size" - to increase unit's "hitbox" (so that other units do not pass through it)
Thank you for your help but none of them works. Try to do it by yourself. Scale any unit to 10 and experiment on it. There are some limitations on Collision Size and you will see still units will pass through inside your unit. I want to increase their collision sizes.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
There's a limit to collision size, an old post says the limit is 198 but that's from 2010. I would assume it's 256 as that's the limit in the editor.
In the Gameplay Constants there may be an option to increase the limit but I don't think this works.
For buildings you want to use a larger Pathing Texture instead of Collision Size.

Level 17
There's a limit to collision size, an old post says the limit is 198 but that's from 2010. I would assume it's 256 as that's the limit in the editor.
In the Gameplay Constants there may be an option to increase the limit but I don't think this works.
For buildings you want to use a larger Pathing Texture instead of Collision Size.
It is simple for the building. In the editor screen i am able to see their collisions but units are problem to me. I even tried to make them building, added ground pathing then changed it into unit too..

Status
Not open for further replies.