• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to make trigger that scrolls between options of actions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Hey all,

I'm trying to make an in game (not cinematic mode) cinematic transmission that scrolls between different sets of text and sound (or chooses randomly) so that every time the same event occurs it sends a different transmission .in my case when a specific item is acquired (it drops upon death so this is repeatable) -

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item being manipulated) Equal to Crown of the dragon 0004 <gen>
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn subtitle display override On
      • Cinematic - Send transmission ...
i could only get it to send 1 preset transmission (text+sound), but I want it to scroll between a few different ones. I tried playing around with variables, but was in way over my head and could really use some help

thanks!

Last edited:
Level 28
Create a variable of type real or integer then do this :
  • Acquire Item Transmission
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Crown of the dragon
    • Actions
      • Set RandomNumber = (Random real number between 0.00 and 3.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • RandomNumber Less than 1.00
        • Then - Actions
          • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Triggering unit) named Example: Play No sound and display Hello Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • RandomNumber Less than 2.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Triggering unit) named Example: Play No sound and display Hi Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
            • Else - Actions
              • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from (Triggering unit) named Example: Play No sound and display Hey Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait

Status
Not open for further replies.