• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Solved] How to make the peasant not build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I want the peasant to not activiley build the structure, like in the style of undead. the structure builds itself. So I chaanged the race of the peasant to undead. Now two problems come:
1. The icon of the build icon is undead's, and when i change it in Game interface - no effect
2. after the peasant begins the construction, even though he is not needed, his build animation keeps playing forever. (even though the structure is completed later)

Solutions?

Level 21
1. no idea if you can change that, seems hardcoded to me
2. that's probably because the peasant's work animation is looping, while the acolyte's is non looping - an easy fix with magos model editor (sequence manager)
or simply force a different animation after construction

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
1) I remember having trouble with this myself. I forget if I found a solution or not... Maybe try changing ALL of the Game Interface icons to the desired one, if possible.

2) I think you can catch the order for Repair which is issued when constructing a structure. Then in response to this order you can change the unit's animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.