• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to make a structure build itself like from the Undead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Hi Guys, I've been working in my own map "Human Survival v1.0 AI" and it is still in progress because of some issues. This map is like Troll and Elves or Vampirism that the human will find their safe place and build their defenses to survive againts the monster. Unlike these maps, I decided to make an AI to my map to make the user play in a single player. I wanted to know how to make a human structure or any structure ( except for the undead ) to build itself without a worker or builder?. The undead structures are building themselves even if the worker leaves it.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
You can do it with triggers as well. When a building is started to get built order the worked to stop, then add the building to a unit group and set the progress further each update. (I am pretty sure there is such an action)

• Unit - Set (Triggering unit) construction progress to 50%
This is obviously harder than changing stuff in the object editor, but triggers can be modified while ingame which isn't something that you can do with object editor stuff :)

Last edited:
Level 21
you could use the build tiny farm ability if you want it to be built without going into a build menu but if you want to use a build menu and build without the unit staying there just make the builder undead. the advantage with build tiny farm is that you can give it a long range but then you need a spell book in order to create a build menu for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.