• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make moving attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I know two ways to make it:

In the Ability editor, Make an Ability based on the Claws of Attack (Item Damage Bonus) ability.
In the field:
Art - Target : Put the patch for the desired model here.
Art- Target Attachment Point: Put the name of the attachment point here (Overhead, Origin, Weapon, Right Hand, etc.)

Now you have two ways to add this attachment into your unit:

First way: Give this custom ability to the unit you want. The unit will always have this attachment.

Second Way: Give this custom ability to a non-consumable item. The unit will have this attachment while holding the item, and will lose it if the item is dropped.

I hope I helped you.

Level 10
You can create multiple abilities with the attachment.
Let's say, you create one ability that adds the attachment to the overhead, and other to the weapon. You use the Hero - Give Ability event to add the Overhead attachment, and when you want the attachment to move the the weapon, use another trigger to remove the ability with the overhead attachment, and use the Give Ability trigger again to add the ability with the weapon attachment.

Level 10
Dude dude w8 DOES SOMEONE CAN STAND ME. ALL WHAT I AM ASKING IS HOW TO CREATE ATTACHMENT POINT IN MODEL EDITOR/MDLVIS. Really second thread and non can stand me. I think how to create in model editor/mdlvis moving attachment point and name it left weapon?

So you mean you want to create an attachment POINT in a model? You should have elaborated your question better before posting.

Right. I recommend if you use Magos War3 Model Editor for it. (download in the tolls section)
Open the model with the editor, go Window > Node Editor.
Now search the bone where you want to have your attachment point (arm, leg, head, etc. But some nodes are not named as it's respective body parts. In such nodes, you will need to try and test until you find the correct node.)

After you find the desired node where you want to have the attachment, right click the node and in use the Create Attachment option. Give a name to your attachment point.

If this is not what you want, please re-elaborate your question.

Level 10
Weapon Ref
1 - Check if there is no other Weapon Ref attachment in the model
2 - Check if you are not using "Weapon Ref" in the trigger/ability to create the attachment. It must be only Weapon.

If you fail even after it, I suggest if you upload the model somewhere like Mediafire, and post a download link here so we can try to make it work for you.

You also have to make sure that the attachment is linked to the correct bone in the hierarchy. For instance, if you want to make a hand attachment, you want it to be linked to the hand bone. Also, when you create an attachment, it's original coordinates will ALWAYS be 0, 0, 0. You can right click it and press edit to change coordinates. By doing the same to the bone you want it linked to you can obtain it's coordinates and just copy them to the attachment.

Make sure that wc3 allows the name you gave... because wc3 only recognizes a few attachment points... and I believe it doesn't recognize something named weapon ref... either that, or you did it wrong at the Object data

and next time before you get frustrated that no one understands you, make sure you explain things better...

because no one will think that you want to create an attachment point using Magos/MDLVis since you said you don't want to use vJASS for it... so its logical that the first thing that comes to the reader's mind is that you want to be attaching effects in-game...

seriously, the first post should have just been:

"How to create attachment points on Magos/MDLVis"

Status
Not open for further replies.