1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Units have been turned into heroes in our latest Icon Contest! Vote for the best icon set at the Icon Contest #18 Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to make moving attachment

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by HammerFist132, May 19, 2012.

1. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I know to create lets say origin or overhead. But how to create lets say right weapon adn to it moves in animation on positions of weapon?I do not want to do it with vJass i want to edit model with tool

2. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know two ways to make it:

In the Ability editor, Make an Ability based on the Claws of Attack (Item Damage Bonus) ability.
    In the field:
    Art - Target : Put the patch for the desired model here.
    Art- Target Attachment Point: Put the name of the attachment point here (Overhead, Origin, Weapon, Right Hand, etc.)

Now you have two ways to add this attachment into your unit:

First way: Give this custom ability to the unit you want. The unit will always have this attachment.

Second Way: Give this custom ability to a non-consumable item. The unit will have this attachment while holding the item, and will lose it if the item is dropped.

I hope I helped you.

3. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Oh so sry I was thinking how to create moving attachment point

4. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can create multiple abilities with the attachment.
    Let's say, you create one ability that adds the attachment to the overhead, and other to the weapon. You use the Hero - Give Ability event to add the Overhead attachment, and when you want the attachment to move the the weapon, use another trigger to remove the ability with the overhead attachment, and use the Give Ability trigger again to add the ability with the weapon attachment.

5. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Dude dude w8 DOES SOMEONE CAN STAND ME. ALL WHAT I AM ASKING IS HOW TO CREATE ATTACHMENT POINT IN MODEL EDITOR/MDLVIS. Really second thread and non can stand me. I think how to create in model editor/mdlvis moving attachment point and name it left weapon?

6. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:

So you mean you want to create an attachment POINT in a model? You should have elaborated your question better before posting.

Right. I recommend if you use Magos War3 Model Editor for it. (download in the tolls section)
    Open the model with the editor, go Window > Node Editor.
    Now search the bone where you want to have your attachment point (arm, leg, head, etc. But some nodes are not named as it's respective body parts. In such nodes, you will need to try and test until you find the correct node.)

After you find the desired node where you want to have the attachment, right click the node and in use the Create Attachment option. Give a name to your attachment point.

If this is not what you want, please re-elaborate your question.

7. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Dude I have tried but somehow it's always on origin. I created bone on the middle of the sword and then attachment but effect in game is on origin point. Anyway thx for try. +rep

8. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    What name you gave to that attachement?

9. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Weapon Ref

10. Ham Ham

Ham Ham

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1 - Check if there is no other Weapon Ref attachment in the model
    2 - Check if you are not using "Weapon Ref" in the trigger/ability to create the attachment. It must be only Weapon.

If you fail even after it, I suggest if you upload the model somewhere like Mediafire, and post a download link here so we can try to make it work for you.

11. Fingolfin

Fingolfin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You also have to make sure that the attachment is linked to the correct bone in the hierarchy. For instance, if you want to make a hand attachment, you want it to be linked to the hand bone. Also, when you create an attachment, it's original coordinates will ALWAYS be 0, 0, 0. You can right click it and press edit to change coordinates. By doing the same to the bone you want it linked to you can obtain it's coordinates and just copy them to the attachment.

12. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Make sure that wc3 allows the name you gave... because wc3 only recognizes a few attachment points... and I believe it doesn't recognize something named weapon ref... either that, or you did it wrong at the Object data

and next time before you get frustrated that no one understands you, make sure you explain things better...

because no one will think that you want to create an attachment point using Magos/MDLVis since you said you don't want to use vJASS for it... so its logical that the first thing that comes to the reader's mind is that you want to be attaching effects in-game...

seriously, the first post should have just been:

"How to create attachment points on Magos/MDLVis"

13. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Elaborate your question next time so people don't get confused.

e.g.

Just like this. I don't even know what is a Moving attachment points, it clearly don't have a relation on how to create a attachment point for a model.

14. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Do you know how to model in MDLVIS?
    -how to attach bone to bone
    -how to animate in a global animation

15. TheWhiteWolf

TheWhiteWolf

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you are familiar with Magos' model editor, this should be easy.
    Just make a new bone and attach an attacment point to it, or do this with an existing bone. Then, call your att. point Weapon Right Ref. That is it. Your att. point will move with the bone.

16. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    yep I know to make do that in magos, and mdlvis but problem is to that ref doesn't move when hero moves. When he attack sword is moving but ref is in same position

17. WhiteDeath

WhiteDeath

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Well than attach the ref to the bone that the sword is attached, also move the ref to the correct position of the sword.