• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make items allow heros to attack trees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Thank you dark angel your advice worked :) Here is what i did.

1. for my hero i checked "tree" as one of the "targets allowed" for ATTACK 2.
2. made new item ability "Tree Attack" based off orb of lightning, deleted all the art, etc...checked "tree" for "targets allowed" for this ability.
3. made an item called "Axe" based of "claws of attack", gave the item "Tree Attack" ability.

When my hero picked up this item, he was allowed to attack trees.

Thank you for the help DarkAngel, i reped you for it.

Level 10
I have another question. How can i make it so that when a unit picks up the item "Axe" he is replaced with another unit called "Axeman." The new unit must have the "Axe" in his inventory. When the Axeman drops the Axe, he is then replaced by the original unit.

Any ideas?

Level 11
Hide the unit? then create 1 axeman at his posision and give him the item. then if the axeman drops the item then move unit instantly to the point of the axeman then unhide him and hide the axeman.

Edit: Like this i don't show the whole thing but the beginning.

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Axe
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Which unit you ever want
  • Actions
    • Unit - Hide (Triggering unit)
    • Unit - Create 1 Axeman for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Level 9
lol chewii you make it too hard

just use replace triggering unit with axeman, the items will stay, so you don't have to use variables to save them

when he picks up the item, replace it to axeman

when he drops it replace him back, easy as that

Status
Not open for further replies.