• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Computer player units drop gold - AND how to set item drop sets for future units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
my problem is two-fold. first, i cannot figure out how to make computer player units drop gold upon death like how neutral passive creeps do. all units have a "gold bounty" data set in the object editor but this is either disabled for computer players or it is not what i think it is. it is important that the units im trying to have drop gold upon death are computer owned units, not neutral passive

second, im trying to figure out how to give a unit an item drop set upon creation. i know this is possible because i have seen this done in war chasers, but i cannot find the script to make it work. i know how you can set an ability to be activated for a unit that doesnt yet exsist: (pick all units in the group ((units owned by player 1 of type - necromancer)) and do action ((issue order to all picked units - activate ability: raise skeleton))) - this would affect all future necromancers created after the trigger initialization... i cannot, however, seem to be able to use this same process to give all future necromancers a drop item set so that, say, every time i kill a necro theres a 30% chance that it will drop a potion of healing.

sorry for the long winded, two-fold question, but they are both related to eachother and if i can get just one of them to work, my problem will be essentially solved. having the answer to both would be great for future knowledge though. thnx much :)

I believe for the first problem there should be a trigger option to "turn bounty 'on' for Player(whatever)" I don't have the WE open but you should be able to find it. It's probably in the "Game" category of triggers.

I'll see what I can find about the second issue but its not something I've actually had to deal with in all my years on the WE lol

upload_2020-5-19_1-9-14.png

Here it is it's actually in Player sub category.

For the second problem you can always create a trigger than rolls a dice for the probability for an item of a certain type or class to drop from the dying units corpse if that works for you?

Level 4
lol i found the first one. it's under _Player > Turn player flag on/off ...... which is a dumb name for the category i want XD. thank you for pointing me in the right direction

Level 4
footman 16 thank you :) ... your proposal for my second problem would work for me (although it'd be a little more clunky than if i could just assign an item set.). i do not know how to do that though

Status
Not open for further replies.