• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Mapping] How to make bad terrains

Level 14
How to make bad terrains
The big problem of many mappers is they does not know how to make bad terrains.
The elevations
Use blizzards cliffs and the random height option.
By using two differant cliffs types near you can make a cliff bug who enhance the uglyness.
The doodadds
Edit doodadds creating doodadds based off units and make their size random also give them extemely pure colors this will make them horrible put a maximum of these doodadds anywhere.
The grounds textures
The abuse of lava and ice can make the colors epicly bad and make the terrain irrealistic.Also loarderon textures are ugly use them
The water
Uncheck the option enforce water limits make hight water and lower the terrain where there is the water you will loose one point of beaty
The shrubery
use as shrubery buildings without path and with double scale.
Cliffs
If you does not find blizzards cliffs egnouph ugly use mpq browser find all cliffs, inport in your map ugly models and give them the paths of the cliffs models.
Height bug
Edit miscdata in UI putting the height limit to 77777777 after go in the editor and raise the more possible the ground after some time the world end and the reign of uglyness start I will not show you it is too ugly. after that raise more and this will be more ugly

Last edited:

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
The big problem of many mappers is they does not know how to make bad terrains.
133407-albums5096-picture51930.png
Have been faced with the very same impasse since like forever.

Stalemate no more, I now thrive in failure.

fewfw.pngThx n00b, u
Rz GR8!!!!
afadf.pngSrs work 1
awsum.
awesome.pngc00L!1one

Level 14
Then does not post here beacause it talks on how to make the worst terrain.
Reply to the next post.
You are a mapper modeller and you come to this tutorial.
And not a tutorial on how to make goods terrains.
(After the double post here is the monopost.)

Last edited:
Level 17
Great tutorial!
Good use of images, BB code and information.

Thank you for helping me so much you rock :DDD

Level 14
I does not think I shall become an admin or a bad map moderator.
All what is say here is pure joke.
Tutorial updated.
I shall include the shadow bug in this tutorial when i shall understand it.

Attachments

• shadow bug.png
    shadow bug.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Level 16
How can you succeed unless you fail first!?
In my opinion this tutorial is pretty useful because you can see bad terrains from which most novice terrainers can learn from. People who make bad terrains have the examples right in there face and they can refined themselves in them.
I suggest that this tutorial should be taken seriously!

Level 13
How can you succeed unless you fail first!?
In my opinion this tutorial is pretty useful because you can see bad terrains from which most novice terrainers can learn from. People who make bad terrains have the examples right in there face and they can refined themselves in them.
I suggest that this tutorial should be taken seriously!

I agree. If everyone would like to start with vJass for example, then he would never achieve anything. No, a scripter must start with leaky crappy GUI then optimize, learn loops, if's, making it not leaking... Move to Jass... Then vJass. Here is the same: Starters has to make some crappy thing. Then put cliffs, change tileset, map size, doodads etc. Then use B2M and so on. People has to learn how to use things. You will never read Harry Potter without knowing the ABC :p In conclusion everyone wants to make the "BEST" things, nevermind if he can't... That returns he won't have mood to continue...

Also I uploaded my very first meeting result with the world editor :) I am still having it :)

Attachments

• proba.w3m
    54.1 KB · Views: 54

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
You can progress only if you try to do the better of you; so you can only degress if you try to do the worse of you.
False dichotomy.

Simply because you progress from trying to do better doesn't necessarily imply that doing the exact opposite has a reverse (or inverse) effect.
Ask any respectable abstract painter about the do's and dont's of Dadaism.

Level 14
I don't need your tutorial for this ^^ You didn't explain anything. And there are existing tutorials for this.

I think you're just a very strange guy which is the opposite of a normal person. (you want make bad when others want make good, you don't want reputationwhen others want, etc...)
You forgot to make a space in reputationwhen and can you give me a link to a tutorial for that who are not mine

Reactions: HFR