• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make auto attack gives mana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Nope. Using the event 'an unit is attacked', it checks if an unit starts the attack (but not when actually being hit), and then runs that way. So, no, DDS is the only way to actually do it.

And even then using a DDS is super simple, just the event from any DD system and then add mana.

Level 6
That seems weird but whatever works for you. Although if the unit has an orb or some similar spell that modifies an attack, the orb will override iirc unless depending on the orbs themselves. Orb effects are super fishy about that, and at least triggering with a DDS would make it more easier/simpler than creating an orb exclusively for mana restoration.

Level 5
That seems weird but whatever works for you. Although if the unit has an orb or some similar spell that modifies an attack, the orb will override iirc unless depending on the orbs themselves. Orb effects are super fishy about that, and at least triggering with a DDS would make it more easier/simpler than creating an orb exclusively for mana restoration.
It worked, just hidden with spellbook and i'm not going to use any other orb effect in my map, but... I give up, I'm going to use dds, this solution is just bad. I'm trying to avoid dds because I've never used it before, don't know how to use it, I guess it's time to learn. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.