• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make an insta teleport item (zone, no point)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
So, im really embarassed to ask for help with this because im actually good with triggers and it Triggers me (kappa) that im failing to create this on my own becuase its not a hard thing to do i belive

So basically i need an item, kinda like hearthstone in WoW, except no casting time, that when you use (consumable) it instantly teleports you in middle of a zone. And for some reason whatever i tried to do it wont work, conditions, hashtables, i just dont know where i went wrong but whatever i did something was wrong, could someone help me with that please??

Level 2
Define zone.

Like get the closest region in array and teleport to the middle?
like a "insta port home". Like..... A hero casts item
item = (the item)
move unit instantly into centre of playable map area (zone name)

i theorethically know how this works but for some reason whatever i do it wont work :/

Level 2
could you post your triggers?
Sounds all right for me what you posted above so maybe is just a small mistake that slipt through.
well the thing is i dont have a specific set of triggers because as i said i tried simply doing player owned unit casts item, condition is unit = hero, item = item, and than action teleport unit in centre of region "homebase 01", then i tried diffirent ones and again and again, plus i deleted like half of them, could you maybe post how the triggers would look in a correct working version of the segment so i can see where i did a mistake, because if i should replicate all the failed attempts now i dont think i can remember + it would take unnecesary long time. And once i see the version in a correct state i can say where i messed up

Level 2
so the region would always be the same?
oh i forgot to reply to this one, yes the region is always the same, im making a sorta story mode map and condition is hero must survive so this item is like a "get me the hell outta here" item, and it always teleports in middle of the safe zone town i made, with the center zone being "homebase 01"

Level 2
so i fixed the issue....

okay, ready to laugh??? This entire time the problem was that i was selecting the wrong item in the Set Variable..... there was a second dummy item with effect with same name as this one and i forgot to chnge its name when i copy pasted it..... legit want to alt F4 life right now XDDDD so sorry for wasting ur time guys

Status
Not open for further replies.