1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to make Abomination have 1175 health

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by PhongThanGio, May 16, 2019.

1. PhongThanGio

PhongThanGio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello everyone I am a new member and I have a problem to ask people. That's how to make Abomination has 1175 health instead of 1080 health like the picture below. In Object editor, they have 1175 health, but when i test, they have 1080 instead. This not only happens at the map test, but also occurs in my custom campaign

upload_2019-5-16_17-26-5.png

2. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Can you show what fields you edited in the object editor?

3. PhongThanGio

PhongThanGio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here

upload_2019-5-16_18-56-59.png

4. Chaosium

Chaosium

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow, that's weird. I have no idea what could go wrong as it's a very simple edit. Can you try with other units?

5. PhongThanGio

PhongThanGio

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tried hundreds of times with many types of units and it was all ok, except this case of abomination and case of mountain giant. And if I modify the health of that Abomination lower or higher than 1175, its health value is still equal to the value I edited like the picture below, when i edit Abominations hitpoints to 10000.

P/s : mountain giant have the same case with abomination.

upload_2019-5-16_19-35-40.png

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  6. IamFierce

IamFierce

Resources:
    Resources:
    I’ve noticed that there is something odd about the abomination unit in my triggers as well. I’ve got a trigger that counts down units remaining, but for some odd reason, the abominations are not registered either before or after count. I’ve not edited these units aside from their health and attack damage.

7. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Go to Scenario > Map Options > Game Data Set > Select Melee (latest patch)

8. PhongThanGio

PhongThanGio

Resources:
    Resources:
    Finally i can make abomination have 1175 health. Thank you very much.

9. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What if you wish to use default melee or first game versions? I mean, latest melee patch option can cause issues on later patches which bring changes.

10. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Then you'll have to manually change the values cause I think when you create a custom map for the first time. It uses the default balance setting unless you force the latest patch balance changes.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  11. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If your map is intended to follow melee balance, e.g. a modified melee, then you should be using the melee balance data. You would want the balance to track melee as close as possible but be prepared to have to release updates with patches to fix anything that breaks.

If your map is not at all related to melee play, e.g. an RPG, a Risk game, or an arena, then you should be using the custom data. You do not want melee balance changers bleeding into your game data.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I mean, there are three map options related to patch version and only one of them is latest melee patch.

13. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The default is just the other two but chosen automatically based on if the map has melee status or not. In most cases it is sufficient since this is what you want. However when making a modified melee map one has to explicitly use melee balance otherwise it reverts to release balance.