• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make Abomination have 1175 health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello everyone I am a new member and I have a problem to ask people. That's how to make Abomination has 1175 health instead of 1080 health like the picture below. In Object editor, they have 1175 health, but when i test, they have 1080 instead. This not only happens at the map test, but also occurs in my custom campaign

upload_2019-5-16_17-26-5.png

Level 3
Wow, that's weird. I have no idea what could go wrong as it's a very simple edit. Can you try with other units?
I tried hundreds of times with many types of units and it was all ok, except this case of abomination and case of mountain giant. And if I modify the health of that Abomination lower or higher than 1175, its health value is still equal to the value I edited like the picture below, when i edit Abominations hitpoints to 10000.

P/s : mountain giant have the same case with abomination.

upload_2019-5-16_19-35-40.png

Last edited:
Level 4
I’ve noticed that there is something odd about the abomination unit in my triggers as well. I’ve got a trigger that counts down units remaining, but for some odd reason, the abominations are not registered either before or after count. I’ve not edited these units aside from their health and attack damage.

Level 28
What if you wish to use default melee or first game versions? I mean, latest melee patch option can cause issues on later patches which bring changes.
Then you'll have to manually change the values cause I think when you create a custom map for the first time. It uses the default balance setting unless you force the latest patch balance changes.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If your map is intended to follow melee balance, e.g. a modified melee, then you should be using the melee balance data. You would want the balance to track melee as close as possible but be prepared to have to release updates with patches to fix anything that breaks.

If your map is not at all related to melee play, e.g. an RPG, a Risk game, or an arena, then you should be using the custom data. You do not want melee balance changers bleeding into your game data.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I mean, there are three map options related to patch version and only one of them is latest melee patch.
The default is just the other two but chosen automatically based on if the map has melee status or not. In most cases it is sufficient since this is what you want. However when making a modified melee map one has to explicitly use melee balance otherwise it reverts to release balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.