• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a trigger affect player of specific name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I'd like to set up an event message that announces when I'm in the map, based on my player name. Just as a way to show to the other players that I was the person to make the map (I'll admit it's a little bit egotistical). I've seen stuff like this be done in older maps, and I'm not entirely sure if it works in Reforged, but I'd like to at least test it.

So is there a way set a trigger that activates based on player name?

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to Grishnakah
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: The great Grishnaka...
            • Else - Actions
Maybe something like that? Not sure how players names will work with Reforged/Bnet 2.0.

Level 39
It is recommended that you use a modicum of brain power and try to find a solution for something like this first. The trigger actions and conditions are searchable and organized. It’s quite simple:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All Players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All conditions are true) then do (Then actions) else do (Else actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Name of (Picked Player)) equal to YourName#1234 //this is string comparison
        • Then - Actions
          • //do stuff
        • Else - Actions

Level 8
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Name of (Picked player)) Equal to Grishnakah
            • Then - Actions
              • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: The great Grishnaka...
            • Else - Actions
Maybe something like that? Not sure how players names will work with Reforged/Bnet 2.0.

Thank you. This worked perfectly. Exact Bnet ID is required, including the #number.

It is recommended that you use a modicum of brain power and try to find a solution for something like this first. The trigger actions and conditions are searchable and organized. It’s quite simple:

The snark wasn't needed, but again thanks for the help.

Level 8
You’ve been a member of this forum for 12 years and couldn’t be bothered to look for one condition. Snark warranted.
You're assuming I've been active on here for 12 years.
I haven't exactly been on the forum (or played with the editor) for a very long time. Reforged is the reason I'm back.

Status
Not open for further replies.