• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make a terrai more beautifull??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How to make a terrain more beautiful?? Please give me any tips...
My minimap Image..
attachment.php

Attachments

• Minimap.JPG
    Minimap.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 419
Level 4
Use some different terrain tiles, like some dirt or another grass, and mix them so it looks natural.

Also you may want to use some doodads if you haven't already, like some rocks or shrubs.

On a side note, you don't need nearly that many trees, since most of them will never be seen by any player in the game (I assume). You should remove the ones in areas that are inaccessible and won't be seen to make your map size smaller.

First of all, don't use the crappy trees from wc3 if you want a beautiful terrain, use custom models. Likewise with most other wc3 doodads. You can find better ones in the model section. Secondly, never spam a doodad type, like with the trees. In real life you'll find that there exist no natural environment with only one kind of plant. And thirdly, make it look natural, the more it resembles real life. The better.

Last edited by a moderator:
You dotard! :D
Anyway i dont see any changes in the tilesets, put some dirt and grassy dirt where the paths are, put some leaves and thorns under the trees, grassy dirt in the water maybe...
Also, i see the shadows aren't calculated, use File>Calculate Shadows and Save map, this will help.
Also, i think there is no environment (i cant see from that distance though), use some tree strumps, mostly shrubs and rocks, maybe you should look at DotA terrain?
Also i dislike the Blizzard Cliffs, but it may be, it is tactic, because the lines of sight...
Happy Terraining (i hate DotA though :D)

Level 30
Status
Not open for further replies.