• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a spell that has a AOE frozen effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Frost nova applies the slow buff and is targeted AoE.
Although it can't be cast on magic immunes. The best way to cast stuff on immunes is by basing your ability on channel and making it a physical spell.

Last edited:
Level 5
okay listen, you want it to be like when you CLICK on the spell you see a circle (like using flamestrike) or see a point wich makes an area of effect (like using frostnova) or you want it to be used instantly freezing everything near the caster (like using war stomp) tell me so i can gladly help you :D

Level 5
hi! i have done it :D

hopefully this is what you wanted i attached the map to this post but there is 1 major problem in the spell...it...LEAKS ALOT i dont know why i used a custom script though and tell me if you ned to add/remove or change something other than the leaks cus i dont know how xD

Attachments

• AOE Freeze.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 49
Level 6
It only leaks the unit variable and the terrain effect.

You can solve that using a group and pausing the units. or just setting their speed to 0 and adquisition range to 0 :)

That will solve the terrain effect leak and for the units just set the variable = no unit.

Hope i helped.

Level 5
It only leaks the unit variable and the terrain effect.

You can solve that using a group and pausing the units. or just setting their speed to 0 and adquisition range to 0 :)

That will solve the terrain effect leak and for the units just set the variable = no unit.

Hope i helped.

um i dont think ill understand unless you make them using the trigger post :O so i can see what you mean exactly ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.