• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make a passive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Just check by a unit dies event for units in range has ability your dummy passive and add picked unit one mana.
If more then one can have the ability I would go with the closest one if not the killing unit.
If you have any problems solving this please post your triggers and describe the problem.
When you are new to triggers check out the tutorial section.

Level 4
Create a ability based on devotion aura.
Set Area of Effect to - 0
And Targets Allowed = Self
And the other things to your desires.

Now create 2 variables.

Ability_Devotion_loc (Point Variable)
Ability_Devotion_group (Group Variable)

Event
A unit dies

Actions

set Ability_Devotion_loc = Position of Triggering Unit
set Ability_Devotion_group = Pick every unit in (Units within 1000.00 of Ability_Devotion_loc ((((matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and ((Level of Devotion Aura for (matching unit)) Greater than 0)
Pick every unit in Ability_Devotion_group and do Actions
Unit
- set mana of Picked unit to mana of Picked unit + 1

call RemoveLocation(udg_Ability_Devotion_loc)
call RemoveGroup(udg_Ability_Devotion_group)

Level 12
I'd not use an aura for this.
I am not 100% sure, but I think that 0 range still does not exclude the aura bearer.

I'd rather use something even more passive like Attribute Bonus or something similar that is only self-thing that can not affect other units or change the unit behavior. I believe there are some dummy passives out there too made by blizzard themselves.

Regards
-Ned

Level 4
I'd not use an aura for this.
I am not 100% sure, but I think that 0 range still does not exclude the aura bearer.

I'd rather use something even more passive like Attribute Bonus or something similar that is only self-thing that can not affect other units or change the unit behavior. I believe there are some dummy passives out there too made by blizzard themselves.

Regards
-Ned

I dont check for the buff, i check for the ability.

Level 12
Yes there are. Use a no effect ability like Moon Glaives or Storm Hammers. This should be the best for the game.
I was ogling the Moon Glaive, but doesn't it affect the basic attack ?
I mean, as I remember you need to set up the unit in a special way to have the bouncy projectile, but the moon glaive activated that special way... in a way ?

regards
-Ned

Last edited:

Jampion

Code Reviewer
Level 15
Moon Glaive, Storm Hammers and Vorpal Blades are just dummy abilities.
These units have weird weapon types (bouncing and line aoe), that's why blizzard thought it would make sense to inform the player about it by using an ability.
All the functionality comes from the weapon types in combination with the upgrade.
Since it is not like a trivial +3 damage upgrade it actually feels more like a passive ability, so using an icon there makes sense.

The Moon Glaive upgrade increases target count by one. The other upgrades increase the spill distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.