• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make a DOTA type map

Level 2
HELLO! Today I will show you how to make a DOTA type map

You might be asking yourself "what's the point of this?"
Or you might be asking yourself this "WTH is DOTA"

1. You might want to make a map were armies are spawned and fight each other without the need to train them
2. DOTA is a game were you choose your hero using a hero selector and the hero helps the main force: the army to destroy the other persons castle (or whatever)

now make a new map and put 2 castles on the opposite side of the map 1 castle red team and 1 castle blue team then add 2 barracks by the side of each castle now go into region palete and make a region besides the castles and the baracks also make 1 region behind each castle

now the GUI part right so go into trigger mode and you see the stuff there now double click on the map insilizasion (I forgot how it's spelt) and change it to time then periodic event then lets make the time 20 seconds

double click on one of the actions and change it to unit then create (number) (whatevers) at region (select your region) do this with all the actions which are required to do so (delete or add actions as neccisary) the red regions should spawn red (whatevers) and the blues blue (whatevers)

what we've done is spawn the units at the regions

now create a new trigger called charger so add an event unit then unit enters region (red region) then create an action unit then issue order targetting point then attack move triggering unit to center of region (select region behind the blue castle) and do the same with the other red regions but the blue (whatevers) are spawned in the blue regions and attack move to the region behind the red castle

this trigger makes the units that are spawned attack the other side so if a footman is spawned by the castle he will start moving to the enemy base and attacking anything in his way

create a new trigger called CastleB new event unit then unit specific event then unit (select blue castle) dies then create an action player victory player 1 red and another action player defeat player 2 blue and do the vise verser with anouther trigger called CastleR so eveny unit (select red castle) dies then player victory player 3 blue and anouther player defeat player 1 red

this will make the players win/loose if they destroy the enemy castle so if your footmen destroy the enemy castle the enemy will loose and you will win and vise verser

if you want to know how to use a hero selector (because I can't be bothered to tell you) just search it up on tutorials

Last edited:
Level 5
Aeon of Strife map.

This only tells the reader what to do. There're no examples, no explanations, and the english isn't very good.

Level 2
Aeon of Strife map.

This only tells the reader what to do. There're no examples, no explanations, and the english isn't very good.

1. I can't give examples because my laptop (the only computer that isn't occupied) don't have warcraft on it

2. If you really want I will say what each trigger does

3. Are you expecting me to be brilliant at english? well I'm not

4. thanks for the advice

Level 5
Add pictures, trigger examples, explanations, and get someone to proof-read it.

Good luck.

And change it to Aeon of Strife-type Map.

Level 11
This is currently on the fast track to the graveyard. Basically what everyone else here said is applicable. (And btw, I'm pretty sure dreadnought was being sarcastic.) If you don't have the time or patience or resources to make a decent tutorial, don't make one, because those aren't legitimate excuses for a bad tutorial.

Level 28
now the GUI part right so go into trigger mode and you see the stuff there now double click on the map insilizasion (I forgot how it's spelt) and change it to time then periodic event then lets make the time 20 seconds

double click on one of the actions and change it to unit then create (number) (whatevers) at region (select your region) do this with all the actions which are required to do so (delete or add actions as neccisary) the red regions should spawn red (whatevers) and the blues blue (whatevers)

This can't be true

Level 2
This can't be true

Wat can't be true?

Ok I will change the name to "How to make an Aeon Of Stife map, jeeze calm down people

Now I can at last get on to a different computer so I will add pictures over time

what else do you want?

oh and I'm not an idiot for doing what diablo commands me to do .Ragneros! Diablo is way cooler then Ragneros