• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how to make a completely overlapping dummy unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
When I create a dummy unit in the location point of the unit that casts the ability, I want the dummy unit and the unit that cast the ability to completely overlap each other.
I've used flying type units, but the units don't completely overlapping.
They disarticulate each other. This misalignment makes me crazy
I want someone to make an example. please..

Level 6
have you tried giving them the "Ghost visible" ability? that should also remove collision and allow them to be on top of each other

Thank you for reply but same :(

If both of the units are flying units then you have to change the group separation distance or whatever it's called. It's a setting in the object editor.

Yes. I checked this too.

However, after further tests, I solved this problem. I made a dummy unit based on the Plague Cloud unit(movement type: none) and it overlapped perfectly. But I still don't understand why. Even if I make everything in my original dummy unit and Plague Cloud the same, the existing dummy unit does not overlap perfectly, but Plague Cloud dummy overlaps perfectly.

Last edited:
Thank you for replay but same :(

Yes. I checked this too.

However, after further tests, I solved this problem. I made a dummy unit based on the Plague Cloud unit(movement type: none) and it overlapped perfectly. But I still don't understand why. Even if I make everything in my original dummy unit and Plague Cloud the same, the existing dummy unit does not overlap perfectly, but Plague Cloud dummy overlaps perfectly.
Wait, when I told you to give the unit locust you didn't just base your dummy unit on the actual unit locust did you? I meant to give your dummy unit the ability called locust.

It should work perfectly fine with most units. Take a normal footman, give it locust, change its model file, set scale to lowest, no shadow, attacks enabled none, animation backswing, propulsion window and all that to 0.

Level 6
Wait, when I told you to give the unit locust you didn't just base your dummy unit on the actual unit locust did you? I meant to give your dummy unit the ability called locust.

It should work perfectly fine with most units. Take a normal footman, give it locust, change its model file, set scale to lowest, no shadow, attacks enabled none, animation backswing, propulsion window and all that to 0.

No I added the ability exactly(ghost too, both of them). But that didn't work so I tested uncle's locust-based dummy, but it didn't work.
After that, I copied the Plague Cloud and used it as a dummy. Units successfully overlaped. And do not know why.

No I added the ability exactly(ghost too, both of them). But that didn't work so I tested uncle's locust-based dummy, but it didn't work.
After that, I copied the Plague Cloud and used it as a dummy. Units successfully overlaped. And do not know why.
Can you send me your map?

Status
Not open for further replies.