• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to get heroes not to pick up special items??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
i have a map with three charakter classes (agility, strength and intellegence) and i want for example make the mage unable to pick up the barbarians axe... well i found an option how to do this by a long trigger, that makes the hero drop one special item of type "barbarians axe", so that i have to make one trigger for each item he should not be able to pick up.. has anybody an idea how to make the hero for example drop an item with an classification like "campaign and permanent" ??? would help me a lot!!!

Level 2
Well i found a way. But its not what i am really searching for... could it be possible to get some items not have any effect, if carries by an special hero?? so that it is possible to sell items. Not just leave them when there is for example no mage, who can carry it. I'm not expired in JASS, but isnt it possible to write triggers like this with JASS???

Level 8
No, impossible. You can make a dummy item for each real item thpough, that will look and cost like real, but won't have any effect; and replace real item with dummy when picked by hero who isn't supposed to use it.

Too difficult for you anyway.

Level 2
i dont think its too difficult for me, but i hadnt the idea for this option. I know how to do this, but i have to make multible triggers for every item and that suxx!

Level 3
Item-Class comparisons would probably be best if you won't be using Item Classes for anything else. In your case it'd work out quite well since you only have three hero classes.

Other ways would involve triggers or jass code. The code may not be complicated, but you'd have to do it for each item type.

As for making items only have an effect if held by a certain class... yeah, you'd either need to make dummy items or use jass. If you used jass, you'd be making code for each item type again. The code may not be long (like the configuration for InvX) but you'd still need to set something up for each item type.

I would recommend the Item-Class comparisons.

Level 3
... yeah, that's what I meant but worded it in a bad way. A really bad way. One that totally implied the wrong thing ^_^; Yeah, you'd only need a handful of triggers to do the actual work. Initial settings for each item type would be the most work, and I think that's the thing he'd like to avoid.

Status
Not open for further replies.