• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes when picking up items being able to see them hold it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I am trying to make it that when a hero picks up a item it will show it in one of his hands. Also, when he drops the item, it will be removed from his hand.

At this stage I have 4 possible items he can pick up and wield. I have managed to make it that when he picks up the item he does hold it. The problem is that when he drops the item it remains in his hand. I have used custom imported models that he holds and I have tried many attempts to make it disapear when he drops it but it won't work.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to get the whole thing working properly!!!
:vw_wtf::goblin_cry::ogre_rage:

Level 9
1st you need to hav a weapon model or anything
and create a trigger that

unit aqquires an item
create special effect(choose your weapon model or effect you want)

porbaly someone can help you with better triggers im in a rush
but i think this can help you a lil bit

Level 2
Thnx 4 helpin man, yea i now get em holding my weapons or shields but now I need it that if u drop it it removes it from you and its not as easy as destroy last special effect or wateva because its not always the last created special effect.

So yea, now i need em being able to remove it

Level 2
dude thnx so much. That link helped out heaps. Now they do pik up nd drop right but how do you make it if the when you pick one item for example, a sword and then you pick up another sword, they both are added to the same hand? I need it so that when, for example, you pick up one sword it is in your right hand, then if you already have a item in your right hand when you pick up another one, it will go to your left?

I just need this last little help and then the whole item thing will be done. Someone plz help.

Level 2
so what you mean is 2 seperate items like:

Item:
Sword (left hand)

Item:
Sword (right hand)

??

Level 7
Variables, variables, variables, variables.
  • create special effect of this on this unit at this attachment point
  • set Applesauce = last created special effect
  • Event - unit aquires an item of type: AppleSauceV2.0
  • Conditions -
  • Actions - IF triggering unit has item of type AppleSauce
  • Destroy Effect AppleSauce
  • create special effect of this on this unit at this attachment point
  • set ApplesauceV2.0 = last created special effect
  • Else - create special effect of this on this unit at this attachment point
  • set ApplesauceV2.0 = last created special effect
Abacus!

Level 10
i though for the sphere ability, the attachment will disappear when attacking(notice the blood mage atacks?)
why dont you just use the Fire Orb ability, set the bounus damage radius and everything else to zero, then replace the orb modle with your wep model?(you can even change the attack hit model with your own blood splattering model.

Level 33
i though for the sphere ability, the attachment will disappear when attacking(notice the blood mage atacks?)
why dont you just use the Fire Orb ability, set the bounus damage radius and everything else to zero, then replace the orb modle with your wep model?(you can even change the attack hit model with your own blood splattering model.

That... could work too, I guess... ~.~

Level 2
Wow guys, thanx 4 all ur help. The abilities way is probs the easiest way and seems to work best. Variables are way to confusing, I can never seem to get them working.

Status
Not open for further replies.