• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Change Animation Tag when picking up item?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 39
Hey, I'm trying to work on a map/campaign where you can pick up different kinds of weapons/armour like two handed swords/axes, one handed swords/axes, shields etc.
I'm using a modified version of .KC's villagermale (will ask permission and give credit if I release of course) and I'm trying to change the animation tag of the hero when he picks up a certain weapon.
So far I've been able to change the animation tag when he picks up a weapon, but the problem is that he keeps the tag when dropping the item on the ground. And after picking up a new weapon. I just can't figure out how to do it.

So if anyone would be interested in taking a look, I would be really greatful.

I'm not really an experienced triggerer, so please don't laugh :p

Also, a little side question; is it possible to allow the player to choose his/her own name for a certain unit through triggers?

Attachments

• test.w3x
    806.8 KB · Views: 44
Level 11
Hero names can't be changed. Unit names can't be changed. You can create a floating text over the unit with a custom name I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.