• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to find BallOfFireMissle.mdl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
There's hidden model in wc3: Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdl, I want to extract it and add attachement point to it, but how do I find it in the first place?

Level 14
There's hidden model in wc3: Abilities\Weapons\BallsOfFireMissile\BallsOfFireMissile.mdl, I want to extract it and add attachement point to it, but how do I find it in the first place?
1-Download Magos' Model Editor: War3 Model Editor
2-Open it
3-Click on "Windows"
4-Select MPQ Browser
5-Click on "File" then "War3x.mpq"
6-Select Abilities -> Weapons -> BallOfFireMissile
7-Right click on BallOfFireMissile.mdx, select "Export", then modify it as you wish.

Last edited:
Level 14

Attachments

• BallsOfFireMissile.mdx
    7 KB · Views: 29
Level 5
Hmm, when I open model you sent with Magos Model Editor its black and importing it to world edior shows it as error box model.

Level 14
Hmm, when I open model you sent with Magos Model Editor its black and importing it to world edior shows it as error box model.
I downloaded the model and it seems to be working fine O _ o
Does it have a mesh or animations? As far as i know, Magos Model Editor references ingame textures from the MPQ, and as its no longer there (in the latest patches), it cannot find the textures, thus the black model.
The error box is normal, you have to restart the World editor for any imported model to appear, but if you did that and its still not working, then...i don't know

Last edited:
Level 21
As SonsOfSami already said, it's black because the program can't load the game textures. Modding tools don't work properly since patch 1.29.

Magos' Model Editor should work if you place the mpq archives from one of the previous patches in the installation directory (C:\Program Files\Warcraft III).
I want to extract it and add attachement point to it
I'm really curious why you would want to add an attachment point to a missile? :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.