1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How to disarm a single unit (not aoe)

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by makai, Oct 14, 2014.

1. makai

makai

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    as the title said.. the unit doesn't have the attack option.. for a short period.. can anyone tell me how?

2. Dat-C3

Dat-C3

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    add cargo hold orc burrow to the unit.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You could also try casting silence on it with a very small AoE, however the above suggesting would be better (if it works).

People also mentioned things like removing the attack ability but I forget if this stops them attacking or just hides the attack command card button.

4. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Removing the attack ability is permanent. Silence is for spells. Cargo works if the unit is no transporter.

5. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    well chances are you are not disarming transport ships, you know they have no arms. Even tho with that logic, all disarms should be permanent, cause if I cut your hands, how will you hold your sword then?

6. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    The ability Drunken Haze has fields for disabling spell/ranged/melee/special attacks. It requires unit target. Just change its AoE to 0.00 so it doesn't affect any other unit except the target.
    The disadvantage: Such "disarmed" unit will burn when hit by Breath of Fire.

7. Razer!X

Razer!X

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Actually you can change the values in breath of fire or drunken haze so that it will not deal more damage. And use 10 AoE instead of 0.00.

8. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    The AoE determines only the range for units around the target, not the actual target itself.

9. Razer!X

Razer!X

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Yes I know. Have you seen the untouched values of a single target drunken haze? The area of effect is 10.

Edit: I think I saw a disarm system or spell once in the spells section. Go check it out.

10. Lender

Lender

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    even a single target spell can be an aoe spell, these two aren't exclusive. there is no need for that 10 aoe.
    for example
    if the unit with disabled pathing(like WW) is targeted there is a chance an other unit will get cought in the fire. Rare situation but could occur:p

11. Nichilus

Nichilus

Resources:
    Resources:
    There is no such Drunken Haze ability. There is only the one used by Pandaren Brewmaster and also Chen's version which has 4 levels and slightly different values in some fields. However both have 200.00 AoE range by default.
    There is no other Drunken Haze ability nor is there any such ability with 10.00 AoE.

Also, even the 10.00 range is problematic. Drunken Haze affects both ground and air units which are within range of the target. So if air unit happens to be nearby the target, which for 10.00 range is about right above it, both units get affected.
    With 0.00 range, only the target is affected.

12. Razer!X

Razer!X

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I think it was silence or something. Well if 0.00 is good then go for 0.00. But I think using the disarm in the spells section is also a good idea.

13. makai

makai

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    drunken haze is the answer.. thanks guys ! it is working..