• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to deprotect map like 6.69b and how to add ai in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
is there someone out there can help me about deprotecting the map created by the ice frog... I know it sound so easy to think that a noobs trying to deprotect a map in an illegal way... But think first about the reason why im asking these... For personal ownage and adding of my new models, for local gaming in our respected area... For educational purpose and for practicing how to develop a map... Hope someone can email me... I may not trade or sell my map... Its just my dream to learn someting new... And know how it comes and how it goes like that...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
No maps are protected. I do not understand what you are asking...

With a robust enough MPQ editor you could view and alter any MPQ archive you like in any way (WC3 maps are MPQ archives which contain certain files). What changes you make or where you get such a robust MPQ editor however is your problem, as the moral intentions of this request tend to have negative energy on this site.

Level 12
Nah, he's not the owner of TV-Links.

But in all seriousness, there's no reason to de-protect a map that isn't yours, to be honest. If you want to learn, there's plenty of open source maps here on Hive. And a map such as Dota will serve to be a waste of time to learn off of.

Plus, dota is terrible. Why would you want to use that as a reference anyway? :p
If it's gotta be an AoS, make it ToB, at least that's a step up from dota, as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.