• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How to transform units in my map to Jass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, Im at the limit of units in my map (512) and I need to put more so I tought if I can transform all the units creation in Jass, just like when u deprotect a map, is ere a way of doing that?

Level 4
Have you ever deprotected an map? when I do it, all the configurations of any map, will be stored into a single trigger, there everything is set, all units on the map are there. I was wondering if I could simply do that w/o merging all triggers

Level 28
I've deprotected many maps. You're just talking about the war3map.j-file that all maps have (and you don't need to deprotected maps to know this :p).
And sure, it's possible to add units like that (don't know if you can break the limit like that, but it sounds reasonable enough). Also, it's pretty much the same thing as creating units at map initialization.
Another problem is that Warcraft isn't meant to be used with such a high unit count. The movement will get buggy, you might exceed the polygon count and all that. Keeping the amount of units in your map to a minimum should be a priority.

Anyway, if you're still convinced that's your best bet: open the map with an MPQ-editor, open war3map.j with a text editor, go to "CreateUnitsForPlayer" (or "CreateBuildings...", doesn't matter whether you place buildings/units there anyway), add all the units you want, save the edited file and replace it with the standard one.

Status
Not open for further replies.