• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] How to Create Walls for my labyrinth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi again, Second thread I've created.
(First Thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/triggers-scripts-269/create-regions-upon-trigger-212067/ )

Thanks for the help on the first one from Maker
I'm now stuck on walls for my labyrinth.

I would really like the maze to have walls like this:
19022012ll.jpg

But seeing as that I cannot create terrain cliff increase/decrease through triggers(if this has changed, due to Blizzard updating the world editor then please say so. Or can be achieved by others means, also please say so).

So, how would I go about creating artificial walls for this maze of mine?

My guess so far would be find a custom Doodad wall model, import it into my game. Have that be put into every square I label as wall in my maze algorithm and also add path blockers if the model doesn't already block unit movement.

Would this be right? Is there a better way? I'm trying to figure this out.

Also, I have already experimented with triggered permanent terrain deformation crater. But that has flaws, mainly it creates a circle instead of a square as is my aim + the crater doesn't seem to have an option to set a radial ending depth, meaning the depth gradually levels out till it reaches it's surroundings(thus a crater. But not a square clean cut hole like I want).
Example picture of triggered terrain deformation:
war3craterdeformationtr.jpg
(As you can see, it's ugly and doesn't work at all).

If I need to explain myself better please say. I hope I can be understood.

Cheers
Aruno

Status
Not open for further replies.