• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to create Multiboards with Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi guys i want to create a multiboard that has buttons (not sure if its buttons or keys or what) or i can use my arrow keys to move the buttons or what ever is it called is it possible?

@Legendary
Read its description.
X-OMG-X said:
When a hero with inventory comes near the seller, a box with all avaible items comes up.
You use UP+DOWN+LEFT and ESC to control it.
UP+DOWN scrolls up/down on the list of items and ESC purchases the currently selected item.
When you have purchased the wanted items, just press the LEFT key and the box will disappear.

If you want to make one,use DGUI

Level 13
You can "highlight" (=change the colour) of the current row in a multiboard. You can go up a line with right arrow key and down with left arrow key for example.

EDIT: Wow, had this tab open for 1 hour, forgot to refresh and didn't see WaterKnight's post.

Lawl I DOn't get it i need to get samples on google though hehe thanks guys i think?

Level 26
It really depends on what you exactly want to do, which is why I have given such a general description.

Maybe start with something simple. Make a grid of x*y columns/rows. Create a variable curX and a variable curY. See curX/curY as 0-based belonging to the left-top corner of the multiboard. React on key events and increment/decrement curX/curY. Pay attention to the limits. Always update the multiboard by clearing the last cell and writing a "X" in the new cell (which is defined by curX/curY).

Status
Not open for further replies.