• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] how to create a unit give trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello, is their a trigger that at when you begin to play a map, it gives unit's in a region to a player and one that when a hero enter's a region, it will give the owner of the hero unit's in a region and play a sound

Level 8
For the map initialization you want something like this...
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 000 <gen>) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
When a hero enters the region you want it more like the trigger below. You can make it more specific as to a hero type, a hero owned by player etc...
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

Level 29
use the event unit enters region.
use the condition to filter out the unit u want to trigger this.
in actions pick all units in the region. and for the group loop change the units owner.

edit: 13oot beat me to it.

u need to clean those group leaks tho. Also anything used twice or more should be stored in a variable. so store owner of triggering unit into a player variable.

Level 20
Here, he also wants to play a sound lol

• Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Unit = (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Change ownership of Temp_Unit to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
          • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Unit = null
  • Enter
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Temp_Player = (Owner of Temp_Unit)
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Temp_Unit2 = (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Change ownership of Temp_Unit2 to Temp_Player and Change color
          • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Unit2 = null
      • Sound - Play LOL <gen>
      • Custom script: set udg_Temp_Unit = null

Level 21
Yeah I understand that but if it's only being used for one line wouldn't it be more work to set it and then remove it?

That depends on the variable. I myself use a different way of deciding. At first I don't store things in variables. Then I write them out all the times and once I get tired of writing them out THEN I use variables. I'm talking of JASS though.

Status
Not open for further replies.