• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to create a mobile/event triggered teleporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am working on a new Minas Tirith version and since i dont want the evil guys always having to run all the way. (Minas is pretty huge) I d like to make some kind of mobile teleporter. Basically even a spell would do. But that spell would need to be able to be activated by a hero and that hero should draw a certain amounts of units to him. Both ways I am really greatful for any advice you can give me.

Level 29
You should try to explain more about how the spell should be activated and what you want to happen.

From your explanation i would suggest something like this.
Make a trigger with effect of spell event.
Then check with an ITE if that unit is hero and whatever else you want to limit the spell to run.
In the Then block of the ITE move the unit a certain distance in a random direction or a direction you want to move it in.
Then pick a few random units in a certain range and order the picked units to go to that heroes new location.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Dark Summoning (I think?) does exactly what you want. It drags ally units from the target area to the caster.

A more near trigger solution would be to use way gates with a periodic trigger updating the gate destination continuously. This way the units will automatically take the shortest route (mostly) using the waygate when they can. You can also set it one way so no retreating. Not sure about the implications of continuous movement of a waygate destination but if it does work as expected, it will be perfect for what you want. You could even use an ability to update the point or make it automatically follow near a unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.