• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to copy Jass spells ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdm

hdm

Level 9
How tha fuck can I copy Jass spells for my map ? I started editing maps since 2006 don't know and till now I don't know what to do with Jass. The tutorial from Hiveworkshop is too complicated. Google doesn't explain nothing. I want to hear what you guys know about it.

Can anyone teach me ? Just tell what I need to do and how to do and that's all. If I need any program, what leaks could I have,etc.

Level 25
if you import something which is published here on hive, it should be leakless (most of the time it should, I think if it isn't leakless and the author has no intention of fixing it, then mods take it down).

So all you have to is this:
1) copy all variables used by the spell - this is done either manually, or better yet, in the top bar of your WE, you go to File -> Preferences -> General -> tick (= cross) the field "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting new triggers" (or something in this sense)
2) Read "Import" instructions in the spell. If there is no such file (or trigger comment), then go to step 3
3) If there is a trigger which has all used variables listed in it, then select that trigger (in the left-side panel, where list of all triggers is), press CTRL+C to copy it, open your map -> open trigger editor -> select folder and press CTRL+V to paste it. Most of the time, such triggers are used to automatically create variables used by the spell
4) Repeat step #3 for all other triggers related to the spell

I'm not much to JASS myself, but I can't think of anything other that could be important and needed to be done.
However DO NOT confuse JASS with VJASS -> vjass is a "custom" language (a language based off JASS), but this needs custom program to run it - instead of your World Editor you use other program, but I dunno which it is, as I don't use vjass)

hdm

hdm

Level 9
if you import something which is published here on hive, it should be leakless (most of the time it should, I think if it isn't leakless and the author has no intention of fixing it, then mods take it down).

So all you have to is this:
1) copy all variables used by the spell - this is done either manually, or better yet, in the top bar of your WE, you go to File -> Preferences -> General -> tick (= cross) the field "Automatically create unknown variables when pasting new triggers" (or something in this sense)
2) Read "Import" instructions in the spell. If there is no such file (or trigger comment), then go to step 3
3) If there is a trigger which has all used variables listed in it, then select that trigger (in the left-side panel, where list of all triggers is), press CTRL+C to copy it, open your map -> open trigger editor -> select folder and press CTRL+V to paste it. Most of the time, such triggers are used to automatically create variables used by the spell
4) Repeat step #3 for all other triggers related to the spell

I'm not much to JASS myself, but I can't think of anything other that could be important and needed to be done.
However DO NOT confuse JASS with VJASS -> vjass is a "custom" language (a language based off JASS), but this needs custom program to run it - instead of your World Editor you use other program, but I dunno which it is, as I don't use vjass)

It would be better if you told us what spell you are trying to copy. ( link included)
And how you are trying to copy it.

Nichilus, are these below Jass or Vjass ? deathismyfriend there goes the link below.

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/undying.63935/

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/damage-dodge.63558/

These two links are just example (but maybe if I learn how to use Jass I use them on my map), but from the first link I just want the Plague aura.

From the second link, It's the third, Aphotic shield, that isn't named.

EDIT: Also a little help that has nothing to do with this thread. Some spells of my map, when I change a field, like Art-lighting effects to none(just example), when I start the game it resets to default, then I have to go to object editor again edit to none but it resets again when I start or when I save map, any help ?

hdm

hdm

Level 9
The first one is vJass.

The second is jass but you have to take the variable out of globals block then get rid of globals block after that variable is copied.

You should also know that those two spells have inefficient triggers. The second one uses a wait which is very bad in any kind of spell.

Can you tell me how can I copy the first to my map ? What should I do and how should I do ? My question is not to copy exactly these spells, they are just examples, I want to know how to use Jass and vJass (any spell, any script) on my map.

Level 29
Copying vJass spells are normally the easiest. All you normally do is copy one trigger and any other systems required to use that vJass spell / system.
You need JNGP ( jass newgen ) in order to run them in your map though.
All spells should have import instructions.

Take my spell for instance. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/doom-heal-v-1-0-5-a-235217/
Import instructions.
Step 1) Copy the config copy trigger into your map.
Step 2) After copying that trigger u can rename it and get rid of the copy.
Step 3) Copy the cast trigger into your map.
Step 4) Go back to the config trigger and delete the variables after the line that says delete everything after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.