• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to change spell description

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey, it might seem like a dumb question but I am seriously having problem with that lol...I want to add description to my skills but there is no way to add it, I can just choose some default from a list, is there any way to change it? I prefer to have different description for each skill level.

Level 12
uhm, does it already listed the description for each level ?

Attachments

• Description.jpg
    Description.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 94
Level 1
no there isnt :( Check Frost Nova spell, there instead of "Text-normal" is "Text - Turn off/on" and there you choose default warcraft 3 tooltips :> does that mean i have to use different spell for frost nova if I want to change description?

Level 1
Hey I figured it out lol...

There is an option to choose if skill is hero=yes/no or item=yes/no

both were set to no and when I change item=yes then after this hero=yes its for some reason delete description...but If i set it hero=yes and then item=yes then its working lol -.- its weird but I figured it out somehow :) thanks for help too :>

Level 1
yeah but try to change ITEM =true and this alone should delete text description :>

Do you maybe know how to set spells priority? I have spellbook and I want my spells to be sorted out the way I want, is there any way to do it? I cant find any priority option.

@EDIT:

haha actually just change ITEM=true then refresh(change to other spell then go back) and description will dissapear :O or should I say HIDE...

Level 1
its per-spell, it should be called like Art - Command Card X/Y

thanks found it ^^ now just figure x/y position but that will be easy :) + REP both of you for helping me out

@EDIT:

cant add rep for you yet need to spread it a little bit more ^^

also x/y will be harder than I though -.- its doesnt change :/ maybe because my spells are inside spell book?

Level 1
but my spells are inside spell book, skills are inside of it at the start but they are hiden, and with triggers I turn them on

Level 12
Art - Button Position - Normal (X) = 0
Art - Button Position - Normal (Y) = 0

Banish
Art - Button Position - Normal (X) = 1

Frost Nova
Art - Button Position - Normal (X) = 2

X Horizontally and Y Vertically.

Attachments

• Order.jpg
    Order.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 68
Level 1
still not working ^^ try to use triggers:

• Spells off
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Frost Nova for Player 1 (Red)
      • Player - Disable Avatar for Player 1 (Red)
and then:

• skill 1 on
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 2
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable Frost Nova for Player 1 (Red)
and:

• skill 2 on
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • (Hero level of (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 4
    • Actions
      • Player - Enable Avatar for Player 1 (Red)
Let me know if its still working for you... if it does then I dont know what to do anymore lol =.=

Level 1
ok its working now, the reason why it didnt work is because there was an ability inside spell book which wasnt triggered, I just put it in there from the start :> thanks for help

@EDIT:

After all its still not working -.- When I add Brilliance Aura inside spell book, first slot is empty, second and third are my spells, third is brilliance aura and then frost nova

Fire bolt x=0
Frost bolt x=1
Frost Nova x=2
Brilliance Aura x=3

and instead its like:

x=0=>empty
x=1=>fire bolt
x=2=>frost bolt
x=3=>brilliance aura
x=3 y=1=>frost nova

Any idea? could it be because its passive skill?

@EDIT

I cant believe this -.- lol When you add skills to your spellbook in object editor the order is important too...so yeah i had brilliance aura first then fire/frost/nova thats why it didnt work :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.