• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Remove Or Change Description Patrol Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi
Is there any way to remove the patrol ability or at least change its description. I tried looking its description in the game interface but found only its icon.
Help me plz...

You can't remove the Patrol ability unless you remove the move ability.

If you want to change the description do this:
• Download the file UnitGlobalStrings.txt
• Put it into your "WarCraft III/Units/" directory
• Start WE
• Go to "Game Interface" and Scroll down to the End.

Now you can edit the descriptions of all the standard move/attack abilitys freely

Level 3
i am sure i didnt make any mistake but i checked it 10 times to be sure, i created new directory called "units" in the warcraft folder i put the file you you gave me in it with out changing its name or even open it, but still the in the worldedit in the game interface all stayed the same without any change.
are you sure i dont need to regester this file some where to tell the worldedit to load it when it starts?

thats why we put it into the WarCraft III/Units/ directory. So that WE loads it. Because if you import the file with the import manager you won't be able to change something.
Make sure that the names are case sensitive. "Units/UnitGlobalStrings.txt"

Or could it be that your WarCraft III is cracked?
Now I can't help you anymore. I know that it works. So something at your comp is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.