• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Variable data in descriptions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So I have this farm which produces food, and in the basic description it says how much food it produces, but, it says "produces 20 food,", and I want it to be "produces <farm,fmade>" so each time I change the food it produces, I dont have to change the description... I tried different ways, but it won't work...
How do these "variable data" thingies work?

Level 28
First of all, you need to turn on "Raw Data" (can be found in View -> Display values as raw data, or by pressing CTRL + D).

When that's done, this is how the code should look like:

<[rawcode of the unit],[rawcode of the value]>

A standard farm's raw code is "hhou" (which stands for human house) - a custom farm would be named "h000" or whatever.
The food-value is (as you already noticed) "fmade".

The problem is that this doesn't work for a lot of values (food would be one of them).
I tried HP, sight, gold/lumber cost, build time and many more - the only one that worked was HP.
Things with "Data" in front of it usually work and damage as well.

Basically: you'll have to do it manually.

Level 7
First of all, you need to turn on "Raw Data" (can be found in View -> Display values as raw data, or by pressing CTRL + D).

When that's done, this is how the code should look like:

<[rawcode of the unit],[rawcode of the value]>

A standard farm's raw code is "hhou" (which stands for human house) - a custom farm would be named "h000" or whatever.
The food-value is (as you already noticed) "fmade".

The problem is that this doesn't work for a lot of values (food would be one of them).
I tried HP, sight, gold/lumber cost, build time and many more - the only one that worked was HP.
Things with "Data" in front of it usually work and damage as well.

Basically: you'll have to do it manually.

Hmm, I suspected It wouldn't work for all fields... Well then, thanks man :D +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.