• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to change Lightning Effect color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Is this possible?How can i change the lightning effect color(Drain,Drain Life,Drain Mana)?
I want change the color of Drain into red color,possible or impossible?
If you want me use finger of death,sorry,i don't want it.
+REP for helpers.

Level 10
There is a file called lightningdata.slk. It can be extracted from war3.mpq, but I added it as an attachment. There's one line for every lightning, and by modifying that file you can easily create new lightnings, just copy one line and then modify its values. Note: every new lightning must be based on some existing lightning. To use those lightnings you have to import lightning.slk with a path Splats\lightningdata.slk. In object editor you shift-click the field "art-lightning", and write the lightning id (name) there (4 characters, for example AFOD for finger of death). You must have a different name for each lightning.

Attachments

• LightningData.rar
    682 bytes · Views: 129
Level 26
If you want it darker, reduce the percentage. But you should keep in mind that these values multiply with the standard colorization of the graphic. For example, if it's full blue, there is no red part, so changing red factor won't have an effect. A white/grayscale base color is the most flexible but the result will also be very monotone in color hue. Alpha is opacity.

Level 13
If you want it darker, reduce the percentage. But you should keep in mind that these values multiply with the standard colorization of the graphic. For example, if it's full blue, there is no red part, so changing red factor won't have an effect. A white/grayscale base color is the most flexible but the result will also be very monotone in color hue. Alpha is opacity.

Can give me a trigger example?
I don't know set the red colour more deeper.(It quite light,going invisibility soon )

Level 26
Assume the lightning's base graphic is bare green.

Now you adjust color with mentioned action:
R:1 G:1 B:1 A:1 --> still bare green and solid
R:0 G:1 B:0 A:1 --> still bare green and solid since there are no red or blue parts
R:0 G:0.5 B:0 A:1 --> bare green but with less intensity, like 50% transparency
R:0 G:0 B:0 A:1 --> full transparent
R:0 G:0.5 B:0 A:0.5 --> 75% transparency/25% visible (0.5*0.5=0.25)

If the graphic would be bare white, canceling out one color (R:0 G:1 B:1 A:1 for example) would result in 2/3 visibility since 1/3 of white was made out of the now missing color.

Level 10
There is a file called lightningdata.slk. It can be extracted from war3.mpq, but I added it as an attachment. There's one line for every lightning, and by modifying that file you can easily create new lightnings, just copy one line and then modify its values. Note: every new lightning must be based on some existing lightning. To use those lightnings you have to import lightning.slk with a path Splats\lightningdata.slk. In object editor you shift-click the field "art-lightning", and write the lightning id (name) there (4 characters, for example AFOD for finger of death). You must have a different name for each lightning.
Excuse me! What do you mean by just copy one line? Copy then Paste somewhere?

I'm using your lightningdata.slk file.
I modified the RGB Value in the .slk file of the Chain Lightning - Primary one and saved that file.
I imported the .slk file into my map and change its path to Splats\lightningdata.slk.
I also Shilft + doubleclick the field "art-lightning" and write its Code name "CLPB" and click OK.

But there is no Lightning in my custom spell when I test my map, other functions of my spell work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.