• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to Change Item Cooldown??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Just make a new ability, with a cooldown of 0.1 for near instant (thats the slowest you can make it) or whatever you want the cooldown time to be, then in your item's change the "Cooldown Group" to the ability you just made.

@Mr Bean987, you don't need to add the ability to the item unless you are changing that item's ability cooldown.

Let's say you want to change healing ward's cooldown, you can go to the "item healing ward" ability and change it to whatever you want. The problem though is that if you wanted to change the cooldown for more than one item you would need to edit every item's ability and set it's cooldown field.

This way you can just make a false ability with whatever cooldown time you want, and add it to that item's cooldown group, no need to add the ability.

The above statement is false, don't do that.

Last edited:
Level 9
Scratch what I said before, I'll walk you through how to do it.
1st, Create a new "Item Strength Gain".
2nd, Set the "Data - Strength Bonus" field to 0.
3rd, Set the "Stats - Cooldown" to whatever time you want, 0.1 being the lowest and fastest time.
4th, Go to the item you want to change the cooldown time for.
5th, Add the ability you just made to the "Abilities - Abilities" field.

If you want to use the same cooldown for more than one item just add the same ability to the other item's ability list. Also, you can change the effect the ability does by changing the "Art - Target" field to whatever you want it to look like and setting "Art - Target Attachment Point" to (my suggestion) origin.

@Mr Bean, nevermind you were right. Though you don't have to make one for every item, you can just have one if you wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.