• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item cooldowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, Im making a map of my own,

and I want to show the cooldown of the item when I use it.

When I use the skills of the weapon,
the cooldown clock would not apear on the items.

Any help :vw_wtf:

Level 9
In the item you want to have a cooldown for, you should see a line that says "Stats - Cooldown Group" If it is blank that means it has no cooldown. You will have to change that, add something like Blink (Item Version) to the cooldown group. It has a cooldown of 30 seconds but that can be changed if you go into the abilities tab, under nuetral passive/special/items/Blink (Item Version). Then just look for "Stats - Cooldown" and it should say 30 seconds.

Level 12
The item must be based on a spell and the cooldown is getting from the spell's cooldown. Exemple :
I wanna make an item called "Hammer of God" which stuns all heroes around the caster. To the item is based on "Warstomp" and the cooldown for the item is grabbed from "Warstomp".

Replay if you need a map with exemple :)

Level 2
The item must be based on a spell and the cooldown is getting from the spell's cooldown. Exemple :
I wanna make an item called "Hammer of God" which stuns all heroes around the caster. To the item is based on "Warstomp" and the cooldown for the item is grabbed from "Warstomp".

Replay if you need a map with exemple :)

So, if I have two skills in one item (skill and an aura),
I cannot get a cooldown timer going?

And I have another question,

I am putting UI in my map,
But i cant find where to put timeindicatorframe,

help plz?

Level 4
So, if I have two skills in one item (skill and an aura),
I cannot get a cooldown timer going?

That's very simple. You MUST move up your active ability as the first ability. Like let says I put Mask of Madness which has the Berserk active ability and the Lifesteal passive ability, at your item's Abilities - Abilities:

It should be:

Berserk (Item), Lifesteal
That way you shall show your cooldown because I made Berserk as my priority of the ability of that item.

NOT

Lifesteal, Berserk (Item),
No this will not show your cooldown because I don't make my Berserk ability as my priority skill.

So, to apply the same thing regarding your skill and an aura, arrange your skill as the first one, then follow by your aura.

Hope that helps.

Level 4
That's very simple. You MUST move up your active ability as the first ability. Like let says I put Mask of Madness which has the Berserk active ability and the Lifesteal passive ability, at your item's Abilities - Abilities:

It should be:

Berserk (Item), Lifesteal
That way you shall show your cooldown because I made Berserk as my priority of the ability of that item.

NOT

Lifesteal, Berserk (Item),
No this will not show your cooldown because I don't make my Berserk ability as my priority skill.

So, to apply the same thing regarding your skill and an aura, arrange your skill as the first one, then follow by your aura.

Hope that helps.
Holy crap, this worked! I had all the abilities not as the most top one. Man, thank you so much! Was looking for the same solution

Status
Not open for further replies.