• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Item Bash with Cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

I made a bash-like item with orb of slow + firebolt that simulates 10% chance to stun. I made it like this because I figured I can somehow make the item have a cooldown.

Somehow in dota the Cranium Basher and Abyssal Blade have a bash cooldown. I figure they are based on orb of slow + stun effect + cooldown, but it doesn't work for me.

I tried setting cooldown in both Orb of Slow effect and in the Firebolt spell the orb of slow is casting. Cooldown doesn't trigger or show.

Anyone has ideas how to make this work, or if you have some insights into the dota items maybe discuss how they did it?

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Look at this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/disabling-bash-cooldown-179237/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/item-bash-cooldown-94419/

Don't know if it will help much though, just linking related threads to your question here and might give you some ideas.

I've read those two threads but they didn't help because they don't explain how its done.

Good to know, thanks for posting.
So its not Orb of Slow/Lightning and a stun spell, rather its triggered on hit.

Level 20
Yeah, Bash is triggered, that's why Void's, Troll and Barathrum bashes doesn't work together, they're all triggered on "A unit is attacked" event.

Level 17
there is a spell "Orb of Lightning(new)". you can input a target spell into this ability and then you have a chance on hit to trigger that spell on your attacked enemy. for this case you need to take the storm bolt (0 damage, x seconds stun). now, you can give it a cooldown, so it wont be able to trigger on every hit

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

there is a spell "Orb of Lightning(new)". you can input a target spell into this ability and then you have a chance on hit to trigger that spell on your attacked enemy. for this case you need to take the storm bolt (0 damage, x seconds stun). now, you can give it a cooldown, so it wont be able to trigger on every hit

I did give it a cooldown but when I put 100% chance to hit on orb of slow, it hits everytime so I guess it doesn't work with the cooldown.

Status
Not open for further replies.