• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to alpha the weapons out using photoshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I kept on experimenting tools on photoshop but still can't find the tool to alpha the weapons out.

One more thing...some uses cut/copy and paste method in skinning. How did they do that using photoshop? I mean the tool. I tried crop tool but it included something.

Help me please!

Level 8
I had problems with this one to, but I expiremented and found out how to! :p It's supposed to lasso what you want out and hit delete. Supposedly, all forms of deleting work, BUT! That doesn't work!!!!
The directions are!: Click the "Channels" tab. (beside the layer list)
Lasso what you wanna alpha edit out. (marquee works as well) then you have to click n the "Alpha 1" layer.
Now, with your stuff lassoed, set the Color % to "0%"
(Should be Black)
And paint over the stuff that you want to alpha over.
Your probably asking what the white does :?:
That Alphas out team color. Put that over the spots that are black & white\gray. (the spots that were already in the alpha 1 layer) That removes TEAM COLOR.
So thats how to do it with PhotoShop. :p

Level 8
Forgot to answer your other question. o_O
To copy\paste, you must open up MULTIPLE files, lasso what you want to copy, and hit Ctrl + C. After you do that, you have to select where you want to put it on your other file. This DOES NOT require a circle\box\ETC. of the exact same size. After you have got it where you want it, hit Ctrl + V. Thats simple. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.