• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to add new doodads in the doodad palette... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello all.

I want to import some new doodads in my world editor ( 18 total ) but i dont want to follow the usual procedure like to change art - model file etc. I want to keep the current ones as they are and add in the doodad palette list the new doodads. Also i made my search on internet but didnt found anything than usual procedure.

How can i add the new doodads in the list without change the current ones ?

Sorry for my english :)

Level 24
Your problem is probably the tilesets.
There is a variable for doodads called "Editor - Tilesets". Edit that value to "all".
You could also set it to something else, but it wont show in the list when you dont have any of the given tilesets selected.

Level 11
I tought the same way, Wietlol, It took me a while to realize where my custom doodlad was, until I found it under it's tileset category, I think the only problem he/she is facing is not founding it's custom doodlad due to the tileset thing

Level 2
I dont have problem with the tileset i just want to add a new doodads in doodad list without change other doodads...
for example here:
U56RV9H.png

there are 9 default doodads i want to add 4 new doodads in the list so there are 13 without replace other doodads or any other art - model file

Level 11
As I said before, just Copy and Paste an existing Doodlad then modify it as you wish.
Let me help you step-by-step:
1- Open Object Editor (F6)
2- Go to the Doodlad tab
3- Copy and paste existing doodlad
4- Modify the copied doodlad's name, model etc as your wish
5- On the copied doodlad data search for the field called "Editor - Tilesets"
6- Check the box that says "All"
7- Go to your doodlad palete in the terrain editor
8- Search for your doodlad in the list!
9- Done! your doodlad is now showing in the list
10- Enjoy your new doodlads!

Status