• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] How to add music to a cinematic???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I want to know a few ways of making cinematics interesting:-
I don't know how to add music in a cinematic
I dont know how to pause\unpause a large no. units in a region
I am not verygood with cinematics

Level 7
I don't know how to add music in a cinematic
Go to sound editor, its in the same tab as object and trigger editor. Choose a music you like and right click on it. Press use as music (or use as sound). You can now select this sound in the trigger editor.

I dont know how to pause\unpause a large no. units in a region
In trigger editor do the action: Unit Group - pick every units in unit group, units in demonsregion and do actions: unit pause PICKED unit

Level 8
To expand a bit on what chasin225 said, you may want to use a few other functions too.

As he said, the first step is to go to the sound editor (F5 I think) and then look through the music folder for something you want to use. There are also a few commonly used tracks in the Sounds -> Sound -> Music -> MP3 Music section in the sound editor to consider I suppose. Right click the one you want and go to Use as Music.

Next you go to the trigger editor and you'll probably want to do something like this:

• Music Trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Stop music After fading
      • Sound - Clear the music list
      • Sound - Play Credits <gen>
It's also possible to import music (I think it needs to be MP3 or Wav format) using the import manager. Then you just find that track in the imported category of the sound editor and proceed from there.

Here is a guide about cinematics: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cinconan.php

If you want some examples of simple cinematics to learn from, PM me and I can send you one of my cinematic maps to look at.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

Thanks A lot it will help me for my current campaign The Night Of the Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.