• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to make music continue after turning cinematic mode off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello guys, is it possible to play a music theme during/before a cinematic and once the cinematic is over (Turn cinematic mode off) the music to continue playing because it stops it by default. Thank you.

Level 4
Doesn't work, I use Music - Play Music Theme before or during the cinematic but once I use Turn cinematic mode off for all players the music stops and the racial one starts. Turn cinematic mode off (timed) doesn't work either.

Level 4
Still doesn't work. If I use play sound instead of play music it does work but there are 2 problems. First the music is played at the same volumes the sound is since it's played through play sound action and thus interferes with the cinematic dialogue speech sounds. It registers it as sound instead of music. The other problem is that the music itself (the default racial one) starts playing after the cinematic, I can stop it but then how do I resume it when the 1st one I played ends?

Level 4
  • Actions
    • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for (All players)
    • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 4 (Purple) over 0.00 seconds
    • Wait 1.00 seconds
    • Cinematic - Fade in over 5.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Sound - Reset all volume channels to 100%
    • Sound - Play Arthas' Theme
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Arthas (Evil) 0001 <gen> named Arthas: Play This_is_the_hour_of_the_Scourge <gen> and display This is the hour of.... Modify duration: Set to 3.00 seconds and Wait
    • Wait 5.00 seconds
    • Camera - Reset camera for Player 4 (Purple) to standard game-view over 5.00 seconds
    • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for (All players)
When cinematic mode goes off so does Arthas's theme and the normal racial music starts to play. Doesn't work if I activate the theme before the cinematic either.

Level 4
I think I figured it out but I have a question. I forgot to mention this is also intro cinematic. Here's my trigger:

• Intro
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Turn on letterbox mode (hide interface) for (All players): fade out over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Disable user control for (All players)
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Camera - Apply Camera 001 <gen> for Player 4 (Purple) over 0.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Sound - Clear the music list
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 5.00 seconds using texture Black Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Sound - Play Arthas' Theme
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Arthas named Arthas: Play This_is_the_hour_of_the_Scourge <gen> and display This is the hour of.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Wait
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Camera - Reset camera for Player 4 (Purple) to standard game-view over 4.00 seconds
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn off letterbox mode (show interface) for (All players): fade in over 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Enable user control for (All players)
      • Sound - Set the music list to Music, starting with song 1
      • Selection - Select Arthas
There is no cinematic mode on nor off. I didn't use it. By avoiding the use of turn cinematic mode off I solve my problem, however I have a question. What exactly does turning cinematic mode ON cause? I heard it disables user control so I used disable user control action. Am I able to do everything by using letterbox mode like in cinematic mode? I mean simply replace cinematic mode with this. Thanks.

Level 4
Problem solved. When cinematic is enabled stuff like black mask, fog of war, user control go off, letterbox mode goes on. When cinematic goes off black mask, fog of war, user control go on, letterbox mode goes off but it appears that music theme also goes off. Replacing cinematic mode with letterbox mode and using enable/disable black mask, fog of war and user control solves the problem with the music. Basically do everything that cinematic mode on/off does with actions except turn off the music theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.