1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

How much you read?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HammerFist132, May 12, 2013.

1. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yes that's the question. In this days you can see everything on tv/pc, but somethimes you want to read something to imagine it in your mind to create your world. I know to you play pc at least two hours a day, but do you read one book that is not about school in 6 months or even one year. I reamember when I was younger(10-14 years) I was reading much much more and it was reall please and funny to me and I really enjoyed. I remember that I readed Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire in 4 days. And many others fantasy like books, also I like to read legends about Greek Gods and Hercules. Now I dont read anything, I tryed to read one book based on Lotr but it was really messed up with many people and I gived up after one day. Then I tryed to read War and Peace (I hope I traslate well) but that book is so pasive to me and I gived up after first book.
    I am hoping I will start reading again, an now I will give a try to the "Game of Thrones" because I really like it on tv and want to check the book. What about.
    Btw dont think I am nerd I really hate learning everything, I play lol and cs 3 hours in one day, I drink and hang from time to time.

2. PROXY

PROXY

3D Modeling Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    I'm reading 6-7 books a year, each one at least 300-1000 pages. I love reading fantasy and couldn't live without it.

I have experienced though, that I prefered chilling in front of tv in the evening over reading more often now.

3. fladdermasken

fladdermasken

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I read lecture notes on embedded systems and machine oriented programming in C and Assembly today.

4. Edhel-dur

Edhel-dur

Resources:
    Resources:
    I read tons of stuff on a daily basis. Sure most of it is over the internet, but that counts as reading. At least wikipedia should.

5. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I read maybe 5 new books per year and re-read 10-20 per year those books are between 200 - 1000 pages

6. HammerFist132

HammerFist132

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    If you all dont lie I am so jaleous :)

7. Xonok

Xonok

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I've started to read a bit less lately, as I don't really stumble on a library as often as I used to.
    However, some of my best reading was "Dune" by Frank Herbert. It has 6 books that are 300-600 pages each. Didn't take long to finish, as I really like the series.
    I've read 5 books in wattpad this year. It's a bit little, but it's because I haven't bothered to look for more in there yet.

8. MortAr

MortAr

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Ain't nobody got time for that.

9. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I always say «it's gonna be this Summer that I'm gonna read a whole lot», but then I never end up reading at all. I just can't find the patience to do it.
    PROXY, it's because you're getting old =P I feel I'm getting even lazier as I age too! ;P

Lately, however, ...
    Because I've got a uni course known as Programming Laboratories and I've got to spend the whole damn weekend programming -_- and when classes end next week I'll have 8 exams to study to.

10. morbent

morbent

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I read fantasy and sci-fi books. Terry Pratchett, Robert Sheckley, Isaak Asimov, etc.

How much? Well.. hmm.. depends. Some days/months a lot, others not at all.

11. Arcisal

Arcisal

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I read a lot of news online. As well as the typical fantasy stuff.

Occasionally, though more than I'd like to admit, I breeze over the newspaper to see how our government is screwing this country over more.

12. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Far less than I should, I only read before going to sleep.

Ironically, I spend most of my time writing or drawing in relation to my writing.
    - So I kind of don't feel like reading when all's written and drawn.

Oh and, "The Lies of Locke Lamora"
    - Just throwing that out there... >.>

13. Gilles

Gilles

Resources:
    Resources:
    I rarely read. Keep telling myself I will. It would probably help to at least start reading my text books.

14. GreeN!X

GreeN!X

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I like to read books but not text books and stuff like that. I usually read at least 1 book a month (usually 300 above pages) when I have classes but I do not have the chance to read any books during summer at all.. X3

15. Zakamutt

Zakamutt

Resources:
    Resources:
    These days, I rarely read books. I do, however, have a tendency to compulsively read anything minorly interesting, which can at times become hardcore {Archive Binge}s.

This is eclipsed by me reading visual novels, though. There are quite a few containing more words than 1000-page doorstoppers. That said, I'm doing all this at a slow pace nowadays usually, partly due to my current vn (Hoshizora no Memoria) not really grabbing me.

16. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I still read a few book when I get the time. My shelf is full of unread books since I have a hobby before of buying one every time I pass by the bookstore. Mostly, I have Clancy's, Showalter's, David Michaels' SplinterCell Series and Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins work in my shelf, I'm still trying to find all of Tim and Jerry's 'Left Behind' series.

Reading book is a good way to relieve stress.

17. Magtheridon96

Magtheridon96

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I read the Bible 'eryday.

edit
    In the last year, I've read "To Kill a Mockingbird", "Prince of Tides", "The Great Gatsby" and "The Alchemist".
    All for school. I don't read in my free time. Mostly because my free time is very limited and I like to code all the time.

18. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

[​IMG]

19. Ive read some of the dune novels, American psycho, Clockwork Orange, and some other crap i cant remember

20. Stare Cat

Stare Cat

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Unhid the picture as per request

Last edited: May 16, 2013