• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

how make unit can't atk over tree wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
how make unit can't atk over tree wall.

i have a line of tree to block out movement and sign range of unit,
when i see unit over there, my range unit attack over the tree wall,

how i make them can't attack if blocked by tree wall
(the tree wall created randomly in game)

Level 18
I don't think you can unless you replace all projectiles by dummy units with that model and order them to die when in range of a tree. But with a large amount of units, that'll cause a lot of lag. This method should probably only be used in RPGs. If you're making a different kind of map, you probably can't do this.

Level 11
i have think be4, but as 1st post say, (the tree wall created randomly in game)(make by player)
so the direction is different in every game, too hard or imposible to create every region on the side and which way to which way, got block or not and many many....

Level 16
i have think be4, but as 1st post say, (the tree wall created randomly in game)(make by player)
so the direction is different in every game, too hard or imposible to create every region on the side and which way to which way, got block or not and many many....

It can be done checking, when unit attacks, if there is any tree in the path between attacker and attacked unit.

Level 18
Actually, you can't. For as far as I know, you can only check for doodads in a region. And since you can't create regions, only move them, you can't shape them in the range and angle you need. And regions can only be created horizontally and vertically. So if the angle isn't 0, 90, 180 or 270, there's absolutely nothing you can do.

Level 11
and another problem if u use trigger to check it:
if you use trigger to check the region, let say if there have blocked tree,
you order it to stop???
then it auto attack again, then trigger stop again?

so the unit like jam at there??

Status
Not open for further replies.