• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sight over Walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
How do I make it so a unit can see over and on a wall of terrain ... eg when there is a +3 terrain wall my unit can't see ontop of, on the side of it or over it.

Level 14
Well, you could add a dummy flying unit that will follow your unit throughout the game, that way you will be able to see over those walls easy.

In case you don't know, a dummy unit is a unit with no attack, no spell, invunreable, usually no model and invisible(via a trigger).

Level 15
Too complicated, just make your building's classification = flying. Ingame, your building will be lowered on the ground and look normally but will be able to see over trees and walls(i think that's how it was done in a mass control map with ents and loads of trees, can't remember the name, sorry).

Status
Not open for further replies.