• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How lucky am i?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The western coast of usa is on tsunami watch...

so I have heard atleast
You could have lives btw, but you coulda died also,

The tsunami really sux,
families gone, no one to miss those gone families
it is sad.. kids gone it sucks

Level 5
well in 2012 the world "might" be destroyed by giant waves, volcanos, massive earthquakes..so i guess its only the beginning

Level 5
yeah.. good for you. my brother was there not so long ago.. and I'm afraid one of my friends was there over the holidays.. I fear I will find her name in the newspapers among the dead.
two people I have trained a lot with and care about almost went down there..

People die in catastrophies every day.. and we must help those that has lost their loved one's right now.
And the tsunami hit special parts of Thailand. the ones that the tourists loved.
And I'm glad you didn't go down there. It's one family that won't mourn a loss of a child they couldn't hold on to when the waves swept the land. One family that wont suffer the death of a loved one in such a tragic incident. One family where the kids won't search for their dead parents and find them in a grave..
It may not sound so, but I'm happy for every life that was saved.

Level 5
how the **** could they run from a tsunami, it came unexpectedly, I am sure thousands of people ran for their lives and still got swept away...
it covered like 5 countries dude

Level 13
im going to have to take this into offense here buddy

as of now, over 150,000 people have died. how do you think they're familys feel? how do you think they would feel if they knew you were gloating and prancing about. once person's luck doesnt outweight the deaths of 150,000 people

Level 9
Tail Of The Wyrm said:
Wow, two posts in ten minutes. Well, seriously, Eusira, this is serious, I could've DIED! and that would be horrible for all my friends...
Was that supposed to be pluralized?
lol, jk
Anyway, those people were kinda stupid, If you friggin see the water go WAY low tide when it was high tide a few seconds ago, its gonna come back with a vengance. (I feel sad for all those that died so...)

R.I.P.

Level 3
You guys get back to me next time you outrun a tsunami, and anyways alot of those islands are FLAT. The waves just went right over them and destroyed everything so like you would have had somehwere to run anyway. It's kind of hard to swim to one you are in a raging torrent of water thats going who knows how fast. Im sorry but im just very offended by the insensitiviy here.

Level 5
meh its their fault if they can't swim and don't have a long breath. if i would've been here i wouldnt've been a pussy and i woulve swimmed to surface.

Level 7
I better state some facts now, 'cause:
@stormrider - you are being kindda ridicouless now.
First of, a thusnami is a seismic sea wave, earthquake-driven, meaning the wave was below surface, until it struck the bottom close to shore, so there was no way the average person living close to shore, would've seen it coming. Even more so, the average Tsunami travels at 200 m/s or 700 km/hr.

Quote from Gaute Laursen, ass. coach of the Norwegian elite division soccer team
"We were washed away for 300, 400 meters until we ended up in the town center and swam in to a ledge," he said. "We saw cars being slammed into walls and people being carried away by the currents. I don't know how many of those we saw survived." (quote taken from Sportsline.com)

But I guess, that stormrider has the strength to withstand what a 2 ton heavy vehicle can not? :roll: And, ofcourse, he swims faster then 700 km/hr

Level 5
Yea, stormrider, quit being such an ignorant prick. Have some respect. Hundreds of thousands of people died, and all you have to say is:
meh its their fault if they can't swim and don't have a long breath. if i would've been here i wouldnt've been a pussy and i woulve swimmed to surface.

Wow. Your an idiot. You can't just swim under the wave, and expect to be safe. And, you can't hold your breath long enough and hope to out-last the wave. I hope one day you drown in a "kiddie-pool".

To all the victims of this disaster, as aarkshark said:

R.I.P.

Level 3

The force and speed of the behemothic wave alone would suffice to utterly destroy the lungs of its victims, if not the entire body.

But, of course, your superior, divine body would not have perished.

If your defective brains enable you to see in perspective, attempt to imagine the horrid calamity that took place in the far east.

Suddenly and unexpectedly, the sea rapidly ebbs away. While you anxiously ponder this staggeringly peculiar matter, something far more abhorrent distracts your attention.
As you watch, horrified, a gargantuan, colossal wave advances towards your humble village at amazing speed.

Filled with agony and fear, you turn back and run, desperately trying to escape your certain death. Vast amounts of adrenaline rush through your veins rapidly, significantly increasing your speed. Then, a giant, black shadow covers you.
You look back. Filled with utter terror, you stare death in the face; The titanic wave conceals the sky from your sight.

The next moment, you feel a horrible, excruciating pain. Your entire body suffers gruesomely. Your lungs collapse. You are smacked violently against a wall…

Level 2
stormrider said:

Ok you retard.. im serious man... try swimming in a gigantic wave.. there was all kind of debris.. even if you could swim .. youd probly get knocked out by some wood swept up .. your an idiot man.. im sorry but your just so stupid... i feel sorry for all the people that died..

Level 21

I hope this is bad humor... And same if it's humor, it's totally misplaced, we couldnt laugh of all.
And about swim to surface, a wave like that push you to the depths, and avoid you to up to the surface. And about have a long breath, it's not gave to everybody, and imagine if you are an old person or a very young boy ?

Level 10
Pins said:

I hope this is bad humor... And same if it's humor, it's totally misplaced, we couldnt laugh of all.
And about swim to surface, a wave like that push you to the depths, and avoid you to up to the surface. And about have a long breath, it's not gave to everybody, and imagine if you are an old person or a very young boy ?

i agree...you have to be black-hearted to say soemthing like that...over 140,000 people are dead...and you sayit's their fault because they can't swim???

Level 9
the fact is that they were already dead & let us include them in our prayers that they shall find peace & God will grant them salvation.

we must consider that despite human life is short, everyday or if not many times we can still afford to smile & look at life positively knowing we cant live 4 so long & 4ever...

Pray bcoz who else can help u when ur in trouble & alone but God.

Level 3
stormrider said:

man, again, you r a serious retart, just imagine if u were one of them, losing your whole family. man. and about the swimming, most of them over there r so poor they cant afford swimming lessons, idiot. so just have some thought b4 u fucking post u dum imbecile. and dunt b smartass too. get off ur ass and watch sum tv idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.